It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #1

praise1 HB User
Question Foot pain

Does anyone have pain from the fibromyalgia in your feet? I have pain in my legs, but the very worst pain is in both feet. If so, have you found any relief?

Thanks,
Donna

Old 07-12-2006, 04:56 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

wishn HB User
Re: Foot pain

Oh my gosh Donna...how weird is this...
I had not been on the boards in awhile because things have been quite hectic and I just jumped on to see how everyone was and to see if anyone was having foot problems. I have been experiencing terrible burning on the bottom of my feet and was going to ask if anyone else experienced the same. Do you have burning? Yesterday I tried to walk about a 1/2 mile for exercise and they were burning so bad. I do experience the foot pain and leg for quite some time but the doctor had said that is par for the course with fibro and did run some test to be sure. I have not been back for the foot pain yet.

Have a very nice day...running late for work...so sleepy not getting a restful nights sleep...uhhhhh the things we go through with this.

Annie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2006, 10:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Hi Donna,

The sort of pain you describe is typical in plantar fascitis, which is common in both fibro as well as in hypothyroid individuals.

Many people with fibro have undiagnosed, or undertreated thyroid problems. The reason for this is that the majority of MDs, when they ck thyroid at all, order a TSH. The TSH test is for a level of a pituitary hormone, so at best, this is a very indirect measure of thyroid function. The TSH test is one filled with pitfalls & assumptions.

It is much more helpful to have levels of Free thyroid hormones, free T3 & free T4, run. If free thyroid hormone levels are below the halfway mark of the reference range, it is helpful to replenish either or both of the thyroid hormones. It is not uncommon in fibro to find that free T3 is low, and that it fails to improve much with standard T4 meds like Synthroid. In such cases improvement in symptoms can be more substantial with a T4 + T3 hormone replacement regimen, or a combo med like Armour Thyroid.

If your thyroid function is OK, a gel insole in your shoes can help take the edge off of the pain a bit. If you have any foot abnormalities that may be contributing, a podiatrist may be able to make custom orthotics that help with the pain.

Best wishes.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

oh wow do i have foot pain, its been CONSTANT pain and burning and i know the exact day it started, may 8th, a few days before my neices graduation from the university. ive had MRI's, xrays, seen an orthopedic surgeon at the request of my rhuemie. i go this friday to get my orthodics. i hope they do the job because fighting the fibro and this thing, really sucks the energy outta me.

Old 07-12-2006, 04:28 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

Praise1, Hi there!
I too have terrible problems with my feet. My legs hurt too and last night and today my hip is in great terrible pain. But my feet are a dialy issue. And my doc said the opposite he said it is not typical for fibro pts to have foot pain.
So frustrating!!!!
Sorry though I do take ultram twice dialy for the all over pain it does nothing for my feet. I swear EVERY day by 1 my feet hurt and by evening I am limping b/c they hurt and I feel like I can't lift them.
My thyroid is leveling out but it didnt help this problem
Gotta go
Take care
Deena

Closed Thread