It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Goodmorning my fellow fibromates!

Last night my leg bones were hurting so much that I started thinking maybe they ae wrong and I have some kind of bone cancer. Even thogh I suspect bone cancer would lead to a bone breaking or something. Of course this morning the pain moved back to my back and hip. But does this happen to any of you?
Do some days you feel like maybe it is something worse than fibro due to the pain being so intense? Like maybe the docs missed something?
Just having a rough time of it.
Thanks
Deena

Old 07-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Re: Goodmorning my fellow fibromates!

I am sorry no one wrote me back. I am having a really bad flare that has me very concerned and depressed. I called the doc and am going on Monday afternoon. But I am sure nothing will come of it.
Could Ambian make me worse. I finally started taking it again after the first initial scare. I only take one. It doesn't really help me sleep. Not like the two knocked me out. But my flare is very bad. I wonder if it could actually make fibro worse?????
Please won't someone talk to me.
I am sorry to be whining. I just am at a loss
God bless
Deena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2006, 09:49 PM   #3
(female)

Jennio HB User

Hello to you! I know just how you feel! I too am in a flare right now. I hurt so badly. My legs and hips hurt to the bone; they ache so terribly I too wonder if I have bone cancer or some other dreadful disease. It scares me to hurt so much, to feel so sick, and I think that there has to be something more wrong with me than fibro. Sometimes it is hard for me to accept fibro as my diagnosis. It seems like such an elusive illness, with no clear-cut treatment and certainly no cure. I want answers; I want to be better!

I hope you find some relief. Take care, and keep in touch.

Jennio

Old 07-14-2006, 06:12 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi deena,
sorry sweetie, i was away a bit. breath slow and deep. you are in a flare. there is no blame to be put anywhere. they just happen. get back on your ambien or talk to the doc about another sleeping pill. you need your sleep.
oh, how i remember the places my mind would go. yes i thought they must have missed something. my bones would hurt so bad. my shin bones especially. why? who the heck knows? doesn't matter. what does matter is knowing you are in a flare and there really is nothing bad going on. just your body miscommunicating with your brain. sure it feels like something really, really bad is happening. but, like you noticed by morning the pain had moved.
know what i do now? i look at the place where the pain is and i tell my body to look too. see? i say, there is nothing wrong. you are just confused again dear body. together we walk thru my body and find, once again, to our relief, that there is a strong body to walk thru and with.
there is a conversation that i find i must have in order to maintain my sanity. communication between body and mind is vital to sanity, at least for me.
you hang on sweet girlfriend. you will get the way of it. i have faith in your ability to adapt. and adapt we must, yes? you are a powerful being. never forget that. no matter what pain comes your way you decide if it will stop your life or just be a detour. take that detour. the flowers along the way are worth looking at and the smell is heavenly.
love,
bluelakelady

Old 07-14-2006, 08:58 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

RKay HB User

Dr Elizabeth Vliet says Ambien interfers with deep sleep patterns which are crucial to fibro sufferers. Get her book Screaming to be Heard. It has helped me so much. She makes sense of things and it kindof comes together logically.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:24 PM   #6
(female)

Jennio HB User

My fibro doctor prescribes me Lunesta. She said it helps you get into the deeper stages of sleep. It has helped me immensly. Restorative sleep is so important with fibro. If Ambien isn't working for you, talk to your doctor about trying something different.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

Thank you all for replying!!! I logged on and started crying. Blue it felt like you were actually putting your arms around me, comforting me. I just started bawling!!!!!
Yes, the pain had moved by morning!!!!!!!!!! I am still going to doc on Moday. Hopefully for ...............................something !!!! Thank you Bluelakelady for being here.

Jennio Ihope your flare starts improving real soon. It is a terrible way to live. I will ask the doc about Lunest Moday. I do appreciate the advise. So you sleep good on this???
Rkay, I will get the book from the store, probably next week. Decided not to drive one more day. I live in the desert and it is hot and I am dizzy and lightheaded as well as everythign else. Thank you for the info!!!!!

Goodbye friends. The only friends I really have. Isn't that sad????? There is no on left but husband, kids and Mom to discuss this with. My friends are people I have never met or seen on the internet. I am pathetic!!!

Bye for today. My hip is giving out. By the way, does anyone else use a walker or cane to assist with walking? Been contemplating a cane to help scoot. Only 40 but it would help me get there with less energy wasted.

Hugs to you all
Deena

Old 07-14-2006, 03:20 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Deena,

I use a cane during my flares & it helps me immensely. Sometimes I also need to use a walker, but usually only in the evenings of bad flares. I've gotten some flak from neighbors & relatives as I'm a young-looking 52, but IME, using these devices can prevent further stress on sore joints & muscles, and actually increase speed of healing. I do try to phase them out as soon as possible ... except not the raised toilet seat ... LOL, my DH says should he get it gold-plated? I love that thing!

If it's a choice between not being able to go for a walk, or being able to do a walk with the cane, I pick the cane! I actually got one of those 4-point heavy duty quad canes, it makes me very stable on stairs. Walmart's not a bad place to get one.

Were you one of us w/thyroid issues? I just wanted to say I haven't had a flare since I've been on the slow-release compounded T3 med in addition to my Levoxyl. I am slowly gaining strength & doing more. Yay! Just housework, little stuff that a few months ago would have crippled me for days. Today I even dustmopped under our bed! I'm thrilled! DH will be happy to have one more task off his list.

The T4 meds (Synthroid & levoxyl) helped me a little bit, and made my free T4 & free TSH numbers look normal. However, the active thyroid hormone (free T3) number was still low. That's why I'm taking the slow-release T3 now & I'm hoping maybe I'm gonna put this fibro behind me one of these days.

Best wishes.

Old 07-14-2006, 06:12 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

elmhar, I wish you all the luck with the thyroid I too am working on getting everything in line, it just takes so much time, but it will happen. I am almost there.

Deena good luck Monday, as blue says just breath deep and slow. That is something I always have to remind myself.

Glojer

Closed Thread