It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2006, 06:10 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Mondays doc appt!!!!

Hi all! I am not in a state today you'll be relieved! I had the gp appt today and I guess it went fine. He says my symptoms are not common for fibro!!!! And I know then he does not know as much as we do. All he would have to do is jump on any fibro board and see the list is almost the same! He says fibro pts do not get any numbness, tingling, feet hurting or heavy legs, muscle twitching, bladder control problems, ect.
He also is referring me to a nuerologist to rule out ms. I should be scared by this but have read enough from you all to know many fibro pts have ms ruled out anyway.
That was all really. He wants to see what this huy thinks before we go on. He doesn't think it is microbes, or parasites or anything. But how could he know?????
ANy feedback is always appreciated!
Love and hugs
Deena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User
Re: Mondays doc appt!!!!

Hang in there & keep smilin, Deena. Some of the neurologists offer different meds for fibro than other specialties ... I think Lyrica is one, and it's really helpful to some with fibro. So, you just might get the Crackerjack prize anyway.

I have bladder control problems when my fibro flares, too. It is SO weird to have perfect control one day, need a diaper the next. Vexation!!!

Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #3
(female)

Granniluvs8 HB User

Momofboyz, It's me again that granni Mariyn. Elmhar had some good advice. A friend of mine was Dxed by a Neuro and she really like him. He prescribed Ultram which is also widly used in FM treatments too.

Don't feel bad, it only took me 20 plus years to get diagnosed !! Good grief !!! The rheumys and neuros are getting better now at dxing it but not all of them do. I know , I had to scrreen the rheumy's offices before going to make sure they work with and dx FM/CMP patients.

Patience !! You shouldn't have to wait as long as I.

Blessings and (-:,

Marilyn

Old 07-19-2006, 09:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hang in there Deena and keep working the medical system until the system works for you. Like elmhar says you may wind up with the cracker jack prize anyway.

Closed Thread