It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2006, 01:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

builder HB Userbuilder HB User
Has Anyone tried Fibronol?

I just read where they did a study with Fibronol and it is suppose to help Fibro symtoms. It is made of some kind of seaweed extract. I never heard of it before and it is expense. 77 bucks a bottle. So I'm wondering if this is another snakeoil cure or does it help? I for one will not buy it unless I here from someone who has tried it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 12:01 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

pixiepoodle HB User
Re: Has Anyone tried Fibronol?

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say its snakeoil - just like all the diet pills out there on the market that guarantee they will help you loose weight. What really makes me think its phony is that part of the product's name has part of the word Fibro in it. Seaweed may have good qualities like vitamins do, but I don't think its going to rid you of the main Fibro symptoms. Like you said, I would wait to see if anyone else tried it. The only nonprescription product that works on taking the edge of pain that I have bought for years is the cream called Blue Stuff, which contains emu oil, aloe vera, MSM and many other natural ingredients. You can only buy it online and its a little pricey, but it really works. I buy a version of it called Super Stuff because its odorless. Check it out by doing a search on blue stuff (I'm not sure I can put an exact web address on here). Good luck on your continued search to relieve your symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 08:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User
Re: Has Anyone tried Fibronol?

Fibronol is an OTC supplement that contains marine algae, vitamin B1, and malic acid. The company reports on some successful studies that it did with fibro sufferers ... but if I were going to shell out $77, I'd maybe want a bit more validation. It probably depends on how flush your wallet is.

The B1, and the Malic acid, for sure, do have a following among fibrofolk. But those are relatively cheap -- I've seen B1 for under $3/bottle. Malic is maybe a little more.

Apparently the marine algae in Fibronol is an antioxidant & anti-inflam. Those are good things, but you can get cheaper antioxidants (blueberries are great) and anti-inflams (think Motrin). I don't have anything against the theory here, there's likely a subgroup of fibrofolk who are suffering oxidative stress.

This may be a great product, and it may work for you. Then again, it may not. I haven't read all of the company's stuff, but I'd want to be sure they have a 3rd party laboratory affadavit posted regarding purity. Algae can be contaminated with heavy metals, and nasty micro-organisms.

Please let us know how it works if you decide to try it.

Best wishes.

Closed Thread