It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 04:34 PM   #1
(female)

tina_49 HB User
Hi everyone,I'm brand new to the board

I'm really happy that i've found this place, my life is unbearable right now could really use some advice and I'm really hoping to find someone like me so far I haven't, I would like to know is it possible to get social security with this and is anyone else out of work I've basically been out of work for 7 years for the most part anyway I have a little side job making $45.week also my main symptom is rib cage pain but here's the different thing it hurts when I talk and when i walk to or move in any way really but the thing that's really doing me in is the talking thing has anyone ever heard of this I'm self diagnosed for 7 yuears have all the symptoms haven't really slept in 15 years I finally just went out and bought myself a 600. bed realy good bed with a memory foam pad i was so exited i thought sure that at least some of my sleep problems would end but sad to say still not sleeping well if there's anyone out there that can respond especially to the rib cage pain upon talking thing please please do so thank you all for listening Tina

Old 07-20-2006, 04:57 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Re: Hi everyone,I'm brand new to the board

Hi Tina-49,
I am sorry you had to find your way here! But like me you will appreciate the people here. I do not have that much rib cage pain. Mine is my legs and feet and talking, walking ect.
I just wanted to say you are in good hands the senior ladies here will especially help you.
I am sorry for your bad flare.
God bless
Deena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2006, 07:51 AM   #3
(female)

tina_49 HB User

Hi Deena, thanx for your reply, I am sorry for your pain too, I was wondering what you meant though when you said your pain is in your legs and feet, that I understand I have legs too, but you said talking and walking could you elaborate on the talking please? do you have pain when you talk and if so what exactly is it like ?I've been to 2 dr.s they say I'm too depressed to talk they clearly have no idea what's wrong but when I talk it feels like a dentist drill is leaning on my rib cage and after 5 minutes or so it gets very exhausting also when I talk my ears deep down get like swollen and painful where I have to use ice packs I have TMJ too. thanx Deena take care Tina

Old 07-22-2006, 03:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Welcome to the board tina! You will get lots of input from the helpful ladies and gents on this board.

I am very sensitive in the chest and rib area. I have pain when anything touches or presses on me too hard. I also have that stabbing pain that goes right through your chest clear to the back bone, makes you think heart attack but of course it is just fibro. Also have the burning rib pain and sometimes little shooting pains. Can't say I have had problems with talking though.

I also have ear trouble, deep down in the ear I get the stabbing aching pains and my ears plug up and that drives me crazy. I thought it was allergy related for a long time but when the doc couldn't find anything wrong with my ears and I didn't have any other allergy problems and the ear thing continued I figured it to be fibro and I am sure I am right because of the way it comes and goes. No tmj problems.

Your sleeping problem should be addressed with your doc. Many of us here, me included, take ambien or some other sleep pill to get a good nights sleep. I went years without sleep and fought taking the sleep pill but realize now how futile it was and I couldn't live without it. I still have nights during flares when I don't sleep as well but a good nights sleep makes all the difference for me. I have spent some nights without the sleeping pill just using a muscle relaxer but did not get the quality of sleep.

Take Care
Glojer

Closed Thread