It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

ajtesto3 HB User
Ive Been In Pain For The Last 6months!!

HELLO FELLOW FIBRO SUFFERERS-
WELL I HAVE POSTED ON HERE BEFORE BUT ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE THE LAST TIME I DID. I AM 30 YRS OLD, MARRIED, WITH 3 YOUNGER CHILDREN. I WAS DIAGNOSED A MONTH AFTER I HAD MY SON IN JANUARY OF THIS YEAR THAT I HAVE FIBRO, AND EVER SINCE I HAVE BEEN IN CONSTANT PAIN. THERES DAYS I CAN BARELY WALK AROUND MY HOUSE. I DO GOOD TO MAKE IT THE BATHROOM IN TIME CAUSE MY LEGS HURT SOO BAD. I HAVE DAYS WHERE ITS NOT BAD, BUT THEN THERES REALLY BAD DAYS THAT LAST FOR WEEKS. IM GETTING TO THE POINT WHERE I CANT TAKE MUCH MORE. I STOPPED TAKING MEDS FOR A WHILE CAUSE NOTHING WAS GIVING ME ANYKIND OF RELIEF. I JUST STARTED TAKING HYDROCODONE 2 WEEKS AGO AND THERE DOING ALITTLE BIT, BUT NOTHING MAJOR. NOW IVE BEEN GETTING THIS PAIN IN MY HIP AND BACK AREA WHEN I SLEEP. I NEED TO GET SOMETHING TO HELP THIS, I WANT TO PUT MY SON IN KINDERGARTEN THIS YR, BUT IM AFRAID THAT I WONT BE ABLE TO GET UP AND OUT OF BED TO GET HIM READY CAUSE THE MORNINGS ARE MY WORSE TIMES. IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE OR SOMETHING THERE TAKING THATS HELPING THEM,PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND I PRAY GOD KEEPS HIS HANDS UPON ALL OF US AS WE GO THROUGH THIS STRUGGLE. GOD DID SAY HE WOULDNT PUT ON US MORE THAN WE CAN BARE, IN JESUS NAME!!!
AMY

Old 07-20-2006, 06:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User
Re: Ive Been In Pain For The Last 6months!!

Hi Amy,

Did you have fibro symptoms before or during your most recent pregnancy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
(female)

ajtesto3 HB User

hello elmhar-
no, i actually was fine before. a few yrs back i went to my drs for my left knee was really hurting me bad, he said i had arthritis in it and i went to physical therapy for it, it did get better after a few weeks. but i have never been in so much pain before. i didnt start this til a month after i had my last son, which was in janaury of this yr. i was always doing something, going somewhere, always able to walk around stores or go to parks for hours. now im lucky if i can make it to one store and be in there for about half hour the most. my knees are the worse. i wake up and can barely walk. i dont know what im gonna do when school starts back up, my daughter is going in 4th grade and she has been such a BIG help for me with my baby. i dont know how much more i can take, i feel like im losing my relationship with my hubby cause i cant do anything anymore, he says he loves me and will always be here for me no matter what. but i dont know anymore what to think. i can barely keep up with my house work, my house use to be sooo spotless, not anymore. my house is so bad. please if anyone has anything that can help, please tell me. ive tried almost everything there is out there. thanks amy

Old 07-22-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Amy have you been to a rhuematologist and been tested for auto immune diseases like lupus or arthritis etc. the knees hurting so bad sounds familiar to me and I have joint pain from connective tissue disease (possible lupus) I take prednisone for it but there are other drugs such as plaquinil and methotrexate and things that may help the joint pain.

Also do have your thyroid completely checked, until I got mine under control I could not get the pain under control. My thyroid went haywire after the birth of my second child (a son) that of course was almost 30yrs. ago, and I wish I had elmhar and this board then to steer me in the right direction. I suffered lots of needless symptoms over the years that got increasingly worse as the fibro really got bad. Hang in there!

Glojer

Old 07-22-2006, 08:08 PM   #5
(female)

3leafclover HB User

One thing my doctor said for me to heal was getting proper sleep so my body could get that recovery time. I take trazadone (1-2 pills at bedtime) and don't wake up all groggy with it like some others. I know this is not an answer to the day time pain, but hopefully it can help you heal some so you don't hurt so bad. Also, I have recently started taking a muscle relaxer and that has helped quite a bit. (I also take ultram or vicoden when really bad). I too have the same problem in the morning where it feels like every muscle,bone, and joint hurt. I take the muscle relaxer first thing with breakfast and that has seemed to help me get moving and help somewhat with household and kids. Hope this helps!

Old 07-25-2006, 03:01 PM   #6
(female)

Granniluvs8 HB User

Amy,

Glojer is right. I have had FM/CFS/CMPS etc. for over 20 years and was just diagnosed about 4 months or so ago. my thyroid was always considered normal. Well, not according to my endo. Sometimes if you get your thyroid in check it can help alot of your symptoms, not necessarily a cure though. Got my throid TSH down from a 5 plus to a 1 or so which probably did help some./ However, if that does not completely help you you do need a rheumy that will do all the anti immunity test to see for arthritiw or lupus, etc. One that also understands that you have FM. Bring your recent labwork with you.

Hope some of this helps./ The only good thing with me is my children were older when this hit me. I had 5 kids, i sick grandfather (DH Dad) and some problems with one of my kids. Stress can hit you like a ton of bricks. I also did home child care too.

Do check into some new docs. Hope some of this helps. That has to be hard with the young ones. Take advantage when ty rest you do so also, nap and bedtime or even school. Do what you need to but try and do some fun things too tht you love, if you can. That is vey important.

Blessings,

Granniluvs8 (Marilyn).

Old 07-25-2006, 08:34 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

RKay HB User

I dont know if this will help, but when I go my hormonal issues straightened out I felt alot better. I take estradiol-2 mg. I didn't even realize there was any connection. I accidentally discovered a book by Elizabeth Vliet called screaming to be heard. Wow does it discuss everything. You mentioned that all seemed to start after childirth. Sounds like your hormones might be out of whack. Get the book. She says premarin causes alot of fibro issues. Other birth control pills can cause fibro pain. Please read. I think you will really find some answers here.

Closed Thread