It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 10:29 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
Pray for my mother!

My mom was in a pretty nasty car accident today. SHe IS going to be okay but the whole right side of her face was messed up. She has a broken bone in her face and they had to rebuild her eyelid and a bunch of the skin on her face is missing. She has over 100 stitches just for her eyelid.

THen, the power was out, so we lost everything in our fridge and freezer. There is just a lot of little problems going on and tons to do now with this accident.

And, since I have to "stay on topic" I will add this: She is just going to feel horrible for quite a long time. Soreness from an accident is bad, but the fibromyalgia is gonna make it worse.

So, keep her and our whole family in your thoughts and prayers.

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Old 07-21-2006, 03:51 AM   #2
(female)

AirForceMom2 HB User
Re: Pray for my mother!

Hi.........I will pray for your Mom and your family. I can only say take one thing at a time. It will all get done. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2006, 05:49 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

My prayers are also with you and your mom. I know how my children would feel if it were me. your a good person. God be with you both.

Old 07-21-2006, 06:26 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

good morning godsgirl,
i add your mom and you to my healing dance today. remember to watch over your body as you go thru this experience. blessings that your mom is cradled in healing hands. fibro will hit, later. remember to breath and keep your thoughts under control.
tell mom i am wrapping her in one of goldens special blankets. i know she will create one for her. goldie is special that way.
peace and love,
bluelakelady

Old 07-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Godsgirl I am so sorry to hear about your mom, I will be praying for her and your family. I know the frustration of the storms and power outages we have had in our area recently. Just take it one day at a time, don't let fibro get ahead of you or your mom. It seems when a crisis like this happens we have energy to spare and fibro stays away so be careful and deep breathe and don't let it creep up on you.

Glojer

Old 07-23-2006, 05:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hello godsgirl,

So sorry to hear of all that is happening to your Mum and everything else. I will send Mum a blanket of multicolours, that way she will be able to be re-energised hopefully in the warmth and vibrance of the reds and yellows and oranges and all of the other bold colours, and then relax with the pale yellows and pinks, lilacs and all of the many, many colours that will bring her peace.

You take of you too my friend.

goldenwings

Old 07-23-2006, 06:20 PM   #7
(female)

Granniluvs8 HB User

Godsgirl,

God bless you and you mother. I am so sorry to hear that she was i such a nasty accident but you are lucky that you still have her. I am lso a bit new to the board and so am not sure if it is either you , your mom or both of you that has fibro., sorry !!

Either way, the situation is bad and stressful, and a paniful one. Just try and take one day at a time as someone else already said. Why do bad things happen in bunches ?? I know that must be a very hard situation. I feel bad enough with FM/CMPS and osteoporosis. I can't imagine being in a painful accident like that too.

However, take lots of deep breaths and say some more prayers. You have to be strong for her and take care of yourself too.

Blessings and warm hugs,

Granniluvs8 (Marilyn)

Prayers go out to you and your mom !!!

Old 07-23-2006, 07:11 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User

Here's your update.

Mom has tons and tons of stiches, looks pretty darn horrible, is beat up ALL over, and hurts like nobody's business. But she is alive!!

Doctors said it would take about a year before her face is back to normal. They had to replace her eyelid and all the skin from the right side of her face was pushed off the bone and up, so it was grafted back on. And one of the bones her face is broken too.

Both of her eyes have swollen shut.

She has small glass cuts completely all down her right leg and right arm, and fewer, but still a significant amount on her left arm and leg.

Her right wrist is also sprained.

She has a fracture on some bone in her back.

They said within the next couple weeks, the bruises around her eyes would grow and grow and expand down her face and down her neck onto her chest before they went away. So, her whole face is slowly turning purple.

But, apparently, she was VERY VERY VERY lucky because everyone who has seen the car, including the guy who towed it thought it was a fatality. They said they've never seen so much damage and it not be a fatality.

And Granniluvs8, both my mother and myself have FMS.

Keep praying you guys! Thanks!

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis

Old 07-27-2006, 02:40 PM   #9
(female)

Granniluvs8 HB User

GodsGirl4,

Thanks for the update. My she sure was beat up but so lucky to be alive. She is so lucky to have you to help her. Maybe that will help you forget some of your pain ! Sorry also to hear that you both have fibro. Guess that will not be the top most things on your mind for right onow while she heals.

Hopefully all will go well with her healing and she won't be in to much pain and discomfort. I just cannot imagine. Don't forget to take care of yourself too !! Take lots of nice warm baths or hot if you can stand them !! I can standt the HOT ones for awhile anyway. (-: !!!

Hugs and prayers,

Granniluvs8

Old 07-28-2006, 08:55 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Julie, I think of you and hope all is going well for your mom and pray for her recovery. I know now seems like such an awful time and that it will be such a long time before things get better. Your mom will heal a little more each day and you will suddenly see some progress in her condition.

When I was 15 or 16 my mom had a terrible accident on Hwy70. This was before seat belts the car flipped over several times and she was thrown out. She should not have survived but she did. She had a crushed skull, two broken wrists that were completely crushed (every bone) lots of bruises and cuts and brain injury that gave her double vision for a while and took away her sense of smell forever. My brother was graduating high school that year. I think her accident was in Mar and of graduation was in June. Although my mother had no hair and looked awful with a patch on one eye and all the cuts and bruises and could barely walk and see she made it to see her sons high school graduation.

So with all the rough days ahead while your mom is healing just keep looking to the future and know that she will be up and going before you know it.

I will keep your family in my prayers.

Glojer

Old 07-28-2006, 09:58 AM   #11
(female)

dridlen HB User

So sorry to hear that.

I am late getting on here, I hope she is better by now.

I bet she has aches like crazy. How bad for her. It sounds like she was really banged up.

Well wishes to her and you.

Dottie

Old 07-28-2006, 10:00 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User

HI!
I'm sorry about your mother's condition. I have been in a simular instance before. Except it was my brother who was in a car accident and he had his legs crushed and his left arm and 2 brain traumas. It's scarey to see your loved ones in this kind of pain. I will your mother to my prayers !!! Keep by her side and try to remind her she is still beautiful. When it situations like this its comforting to have someone by your side who truly cares as you do.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:37 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User

Okay, so my mom had xrays yesterday to check how she was doing, and they found a spot in her lung so we find out tomorrow what's wrong now. We are just praying it is not lung cancer or a tumor or anything . . . how horrible is that?

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis

Old 08-12-2006, 06:30 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User

No cancer . . . just scar tissue!

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis

Old 08-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Talking Re: Pray for my mother!

Hiya Godsgirl,

I am so very happy it wasn't serious. Hope Mum is doing better today. You too.

Take care

goldenwings

Closed Thread