It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2006, 10:44 PM   #1
(female)

cjsmommy HB User
Heat and increase in pain

We are having quite the heat wave out here with a lot of humidity to boot. The aches are unbearable some days and I just can't take it some days. Last week I was in tears and was barely able to take care of CJ, my 4 year old. I'm supposed to be training and fundraising right now but I can't even go outside most days to take CJ to the park let alone train. Its so hard because my family doesn't understand. My husband is very supportive but sometimes I feel as if he wishes I wouldn't talk to him about it. I've been doing wonderfully up until this heat wave and I'm feeling very discouraged and starting to get depressed. Thanks for listening to me whine. Anyone else have this problem.

Meg

Old 07-28-2006, 07:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Heat and increase in pain

I do have more problems in the summer than winter, but it is with my joints and the fatigue and skin problems which I relate to other autoimmune problems I have. Maybe it is as much fibro as it is anything else.

I have always liked the fall, it is my favorite time of year and I have never been especially in love with spring like some people. After all these years I finally figured out it is because the sun is not my friend.

I know it is hard to do with a 4yr old, but try to give yourself some time to just rest and let those muscles relax.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
(female)

ArtsyAthlete HB User

Hi Meg,

Heat in general doesn't give me too much of a problem, unless I am very active in the heat. If I overdo the housework or go for a run in hot weather, the post-exertional fatigue and pain is excruciating!!! I've learned this the hard way this summer by too many attempts to do too much.

Yuck.

You're not the only one!

Old 08-07-2006, 03:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

Heat and cold do the same for me, like glojer, the fall is my favorite season, not too hot and not too cold. just right, like the three bears say lol. the weather is cooler but not too cold, and there are more cooler breezes, its perfect. i tend to hurt less during the fall. i just wished it was fall here yearlong but living in south texas, whooa, we have summer like 9 -10 months out of the year it seems.

Closed Thread