It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2006, 06:10 AM   #1
(female)

NancyJones HB User
Pain in throat or tongue?

I got on the treadmill yesterday and a moderate pace and after about 10 minutes started getting a pain in the back of my throat. It was down the throat a little and didn't feel like a sore throat, but more like an ache or a stabbing pain. It lasted the whole time I was on the treadmill (30 minutes) and for several hours afterwards.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for your input!
Nancy

Old 07-24-2006, 02:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User
Re: Pain in throat or tongue?

yes i have hon, especially when i used to walk or exercise, or when id get a terrible shock, like bad news. it turned out to be my thryoid or so the doc said. make sure you see your doc if it continues.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2006, 09:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hello there,

I only speak from my own experiences, and not in any way from a medical viewpoint. Only your doctor can give you a firm diagnosis of any type.

May I suggest something ? Nothing to be worried about but have you had a cardiac overhaul lately ? I have numerous heart problems and one of the things that causes me to feel uncomfortable after exertion is the same type of ache in the throat that you describe.

On the other hand, have a gastric check up too. This can also cause the same type of aching in that area. Reflux or even a small ulcer might even be the culprit.

Take care.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 07-26-2006 at 09:26 AM.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:24 AM   #4
(female)

NancyJones HB User

Goldenwings - Thanks for your reply. I've had 2 echo's, both saying I have mild mitral valve regurgitation, and I also have a very small hiatal hernia. But no other heart tests other than that. The last echo I had was a year ago.

What types of heart issues do you have?

Thanks,
Nancy

Old 07-26-2006, 05:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Talking Re: Pain in throat or tongue?

Hiya Nancy,

I'm glad you're on top of the heart check ups. Hiaitus hernias can cause so many problems as you know, worth keeping a check on it and taking the appropriate medications for it if you can, even if one day you feel ok, still take them.

Whilst I know that exercise is good, please take it easy. I am having such a bad time at the moment with the fibro along with everything else and I am dong my stretching regime I devised as much as I can - unfortunately no gym or workouts for me I can't even walk properly hee hee !!

Wow, where do I start with my heart probs ?? 3 1/2 years ago I had a massive MI which was very serious with a "not too sure" outcome, then about 5 months later I had another "lesser" heart attack. I was taken into the hospital again, had some treatment and then was put on a waiting list to be transferred over to the mainland - I live on an island - to have an angiogram done. Whilst having the angiogram, it brought on a serious angina atttack, and the test was cancelled, and I went back for it the next day. "Luckily" - I use the term loosely - for me as a result of this is was found out that I had two totally blocked arteries and the third had only 30%function in it. Apparently I was a "ticking timebomb waiting to go off".

From there it was a race against time to make sure that the surgery was carried out as soon as was possible. As I have lupus and also APS, the surgical teams had to make sure that everything was in place to ensure that I came through the surgery. I did !!

In March of this year, I had a small heart attack - I wasn't made aware that even though I had had surgery, I still had coronary artery disease - I just thought everything was sorted because of my surgery. Since then I have had another suspected dvt and went to collect my tummy jabs to treat myself to disperse this. It was noted at this time I had very swollen legs, feet and ankles. and an echo was arranged. As I knew tht I would have a wait for this I arranged to have it done at my own cost - good job I did !! About 3 weeks ago, I was told I had congestive heart and liver failure, which for me unfortunately because of all of my medical and previous heart problems, is irreversible. Also I have a dilated left ventricle in my heart which means that the blood is not being pumped around the body as it should be. So all in all I am in a bit of a pickle with it all, and sure could do with some hugs.

I have found this hard to come to terms with as I have fought lupus, APS, a nerve and muscle wasting illness and so many other things for most of my life and I get so ticked off to think that this has now happened. I'm not feeling sorry for myself at all, just completely shocked at the latest diagnosis.

I bet you're sorry you asked aren't you now hee hee ??

Take care

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 07-27-2006 at 03:21 AM.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:30 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

oh goldenwings, i didnt know hon, oh wow, all that PLUS fibro? but you gave a very good answer,i never even thought of that at all, but it is so true. I hope you are doing much better now hon.

Old 08-11-2006, 07:10 AM   #7
(female)

NancyJones HB User

Goldenwings -

I am so sorry for all your latest issues, haven't you suffered enough? Your outlook and optimism are inspiring and surely affect everyone around you. Hang in there and keep us posted!

Nancy

Closed Thread