It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2006, 07:09 AM   #1

JILL120875 HB User
Bone Pain !?!?!?!?

Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has bone pain? I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about a month ago and I have terrible pain in my feet, lower legs, forearms and hands. I am taking 50 mg of Lyrica at night which helps very well. My main concern is that my dad was just diagnosed with a blood cancer and he described his pain just like mine. I am only 30 years old and this type of pain really scares me. Thanks in advance for responding.

Jill in Alabama

Old 07-24-2006, 01:16 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Re: Bone Pain !?!?!?!?

Hi Jill! That is always my scare. That the docs missed something and I really have bone cancer. My feet, legs, shin bones, forearms and hands plus lower back and hip hurt so much. I cried to my husband last night. Just waited for the kids to go to sleep and then just lost it.
I don't know what to say except it is considered apart of my fibro. They are also sending me to a nerologoist to rule out ms
Let me know
Deena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2006, 01:41 PM   #3

JILL120875 HB User

Deena,
I know it's like, where in the heck is this pain coming from. Is this "really" fibro or something else. Please keep me informed on what your neurologist says. Thanks for the reply.

Jill

Old 07-24-2006, 02:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

oh my gosh, yes. and always like you guys, my first thinking is it must be that, the doctors must have missed something. especially since i had a very young bible school student who started having sudden pains in her shin and leg. it DID turn out to be cancer, and within a year she was dead. beautiful girl. so my mind always races back to that, but i think its the fibro really. alot of us complain about bone pain, in the shin area, legs, arms, hands, hips, and it goes on and on. since i havent died since the pain started, (years), im assuming its the fibro.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:18 PM   #5
(female)

Auriebeth HB User

I think we all wonder if the doctor misdiagnose.. especially since there is no
real test that proves Fibro.. such as blood test.. x-ray .. ect.. and with the wide
spread of pain.. there are so many different illnesses that it mimicks... thats
why it takes forever to get a DX of fibro.. they rule out all the others first...
I am still unsure about a MS dx, myself.. Thinking about changing doctors..
worried about the leisions that showed up in MRI, DR. says that it is common with people who suffer from Fibro..but with all the research that I did on Fibro, Ive yet to find this claim... so .. im a bit skepticle.. so.. going to find
out if my GP can refer me to a different Neuro then the one that Im currently seeing... If you are concern about the bone Cancer.. then please talk to
your Doctor.. I am very sorry about your Dad...
Good Luck to you..
AB

Old 07-26-2006, 08:36 PM   #6
(female)

Chintzy HB User

I am so glad that my friend told me about this website. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia for years now. My legs (around the shin) have been so painful all this time. They are so painful that even if my little grandaughters just touch my legs it hurts so much. I have always been so afraid that it is something else. I have had other symptoms of numbness on one side of my body for years, off and on, and still do at times. I have had ct scans and mris for MS but nothing has shown up. So, I have been chalking it up to Fibro. Anybody else had the numbness? Just recently...past six months...I have had numbness on right temple area and around right ear and problems with right eye. Had Mri with and without contrast to check for TN but came out normal. Feel like I am going crazy.
Chintzy

Closed Thread