It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2006, 08:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User
Flare up mode

oh man, i had a few weeks on mild fibro pain, with maybe a level of 4-5 everday. i was living in heaven, still hurting but nothing like ive hurt before.

Today, as i woke up, i knew it, the sickly feeling to my stomach, the chills, the dizziness, i woke up to severe pain. Its been like that all day long, id say a level 8-9 all day long. ive soaked in the tub till i looked like a prune, i slept the rest of the day when i could. but how does it go from a level of 4-5 to a level of 8-9 overnight?? every inch of me is hurting, of course i thank God for those good days that i did have, but going to sleep and waking up to severe pain still knocks the breath out of me. ive drugged myself all day long (meds) to try to control the pain, but its barely touching it. its like everything in my body is intensified. loud noises "hurt" me. clothes hurt me, blankets hurt me, walking, sitting, standing, lying down HURTS me. I dont know what else to do, if anyone has any suggestions im open to them, please.
thank you
Jen

Old 07-28-2006, 08:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User
Re: Flare up mode

Jen,

Have you tried magnesium? It's not going to cure you, but it may help to take the edge off of your pain.

A retired physio friend of mine told me that the most potent nonRx pain reliever is ice. That when you chill a painful area, you slow down & even stop the nerves from firing. I'm not rec. a tub full of ice, but why not try an ice pack on one of your most painful spots, see what happens?

Are you still on the Lyrica, and have you called your doc about the pain flare?

Best wishes.

Last edited by elmhar; 07-28-2006 at 08:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
(female)

dridlen HB User

Hi Jen,

This disease sucks so bad.

I am fairly newly diagnosed and just learning how to deal with it all.

I am learning a lot here.

I am sorry you are waking up to bad pain.

Take care of yourself.

Dottie

Old 07-29-2006, 04:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

thanks guys, yes elmhar, im still on the lyrica and it had been working fine, thats why it surprised me why i went from a low level of pain to a high level overnight. havent called my doc, shes been out of town this past week but should be in on monday will call her then. thanks for the ice suggestion, i guess the easy answers sometimes just get passed us cause we're so indulged with all types of meds for the pain, that something as simple as ice helping escapes us when we're not thinking straight, thank you hon. no i havent taken magnesium , i do have some around the house will start on it asap, thanks for the suggestions sweeties, will let you know how it goes.

Old 07-31-2006, 04:34 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi jenetti,
so sorry to hear the fibro brats have bitten you again. happens fast don't it?
i dress in the least i can, no underwear or bra, yuck! like i even own one of those! anyway dump any excess you can when it comes to outside stimulus. it all hurts so seclude yourself as much as possible from sounds, smells, sights, and most of all the feel of anything that causes pain. smells and sound still bother me. thankfully i can wear cloths even in winter when so many layers are needed. summer is my best time. three tiny pieces of cloth and i am considered decent, giggle. love my summer dresses that flow so pretty yet feel like nothing on me.
come play and dance with me atop my mountain where the quiet is so deep and only the smell of nature greets you. you pick the music and i will dance with you.
love,
blue

Old 08-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelakelady
hi jenetti,
so sorry to hear the fibro brats have bitten you again. happens fast don't it?
i dress in the least i can, no underwear or bra, yuck! like i even own one of those! anyway dump any excess you can when it comes to outside stimulus. it all hurts so seclude yourself as much as possible from sounds, smells, sights, and most of all the feel of anything that causes pain. smells and sound still bother me. thankfully i can wear cloths even in winter when so many layers are needed. summer is my best time. three tiny pieces of cloth and i am considered decent, giggle. love my summer dresses that flow so pretty yet feel like nothing on me.
come play and dance with me atop my mountain where the quiet is so deep and only the smell of nature greets you. you pick the music and i will dance with you.
love,
blue
LOL same here blueL. the least clothes, the better. and oh yea the smells, loud sounds, ive turned on a low waterfall that i have. its an angel with a reflecting ball on top of it. the soothing sound of the waterfall just makes me feel so much better. i also have some new age meditation music playing softly in the background, its helped some. the flareup is passing, leaving and im not going to dwell on how hard it was this time, but on dancing with you on top of the mountain lol. and oh yes, i will wear my flowing summer dress too, and JUST the flowing summer dress lol. thank you dear sweet Blue, you are so precious.

Closed Thread