It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
(female)

chloe1234567890 HB User
Unhappy hi new here

Hi im new here to this forum,
i was diagnosed with fibro in 2003, and i just excluded this thinking no they have missed diagnosed me i always suffered with lower back pain and groin pain but hat soon dissapeared when i fell pregnant with my daughter in 2004but that was when my problems really started omg i felt like i was dying (still do). I developed this strange right side upper back pain almost so deep i wanted the doc to cut me open to get inside and massage my ribs and underneath my shoulder blades. Along with this i also developed shortness of breath especially when talking and a deep heavyness/tightness in my upper back. The doc said it was my gallbladder that turned out fine. get a really stiff neck from time to time heartburn jaw pain dry mouth tongue pain but along with the upper back pain my right arm to my elbow hurts feels quite sore on the joint along with the left arm which the part between the shoulder and elbow is really painful along with clicking in my left shoulder blade.

Being a smoker i instantly thought that this was my lungs and the doc said my chest was clear.

My question is the pain is never there first thing in the morning but within 30 mins of being up and mobile it starts to creep in , i was under the impression that the pain in fibro wakes up with you and eases off as the day goes on is this true, i have the pain every day in exactly the same place now for 2 yrs .

DOES THIS SOUND LIKE FIBRO?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: hi new here

welcome cloe,
first rule of fibro is that there are no rules. i have been in the middle of a wonderful day and been hit, or felt like compost when i woke up and within a few hours felt great. it happens. along with fibromyalgia it sounds like you have inflammation of the tissue surrounding your ribcage. it comes and goes. sometimes feels like your ribs are puching holes in your lungs. stabs right thru out the back. anti-inflamatories help. i can't take them but others here have been helped. i think it is called costo-something. one of the others will know. ask your doc.
being a smoker you really have to focus on your deep breathing. with pain we forget to breath deeply and slowly. we go shallow and fast. smokers already are using less of their lungs due to the way smoking happens. quick, in quick out. can you tell i used to? giggle. sure did. then i got fibro. finally after a couple of years i quit. what a help that has been. i still have fibro, but i have more money and alot more breath. more energy too. not tons all the time, but i have more good days than bad. i have also been at it for about 12 years. practice and experience help.
being a new mom is alot of work. i am older and my kids off on their own. i cannot imagine raising them as a sick chick. i will add you to my dancing and send energy.
we have another brit here. goldenwings. she has costo and knows a ton about it. so does glojer, i think. goldie is having her own rough spat so it may be a bit before she finds you.
smile. you have found a good place to come to. we help each other stay sane, we laugh, we cry, we support each other. together we can help you find your way to a life you find rewarding and doable.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 08-02-2006, 05:56 AM   #3
(female)

chloe1234567890 HB User

Hi Thanks for yr replies, the upper right back just seems to be there all the time it never goes just that sometimes its more noticable and family say they can see the [ain in my face even when im trying to hide it .

accasionally it hurts to take a deep breth almost like the back of my throat isnt wide enough along with constant sore throat any one else hav this.

Yr input is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Old 08-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #4

JILL120875 HB User

Hey Chicks,
I'm fairly new to the FM thing also, I don't really know weather to worry or not. I was diagnoised with "COSTOCONDRITIS" (inflammation of the cartlidge between the ribs) last fall and boy is that painful, just try to wear a bra It's horrible! I have bought so many bras and the outcome is always the same - PAIN!! It will be a year since I was diagnosed with "Costcocondritis" and the pain isn'y any better, I've just learned to deal with it. I also have pain in my back on the right upper side, lower back and neck. I am only 30 years old and was diagnosed with FM a few months ago. I'm just hoping it don't get any worse than this. I hope you all have a pain free day!

Jill

Old 08-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #5
(female)

bilybowl HB User

I was dx'd with costocondritis about 6 weeks ago and have the same symptoms - right side chest, rib and back pains. I used arnica gel at first and that really helped. Also, this week i was given a prescription nsaid, which has helped. But, the dr. has not given me any direction of what to do or not to do.

hope you feel better.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:51 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

Hi Chloe. Sometimes I wake up stiff, sometimes I wake up pain free, sometimes I have pain all day, sometimes the pain gets gradually worse during the day, sometimes (rarely) it eases up during the day sometimes................... The one thing that takes a bit of getting used to is that we all have FMS but for each of us it's different. I have had a couple of really bad bouts of costocondritis before they diagnosed FMS - it was that bad I went to A&E the first time as I thought I was having a heart attack!! It's the one thing I find ice packs help with and my doctor prescribed diclofenac which helped (I only took it for a few days as it's really strong stuff and not good on the stomach long term) I think (in my non medical view) that it is referred pain from my back and neck which is where I have pain all the time. I think when these 2 areas get really bad they then trigger a response in the chest.
Have you tried pilates classes? - they really help with your breathing and help to strengthen your inner core etc good luck

Old 08-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Welcome Chloe. I don't have the costocondritis, but I know Goldenwings does. I do however have the upper right back and neck problems. Also the clicking under the shoulder blade. I have been getting acupuncture for that and some chiropractic work. The acupuncture really does help, that and the fact the chiro pushes and works out the knot. She says it is inflammation (which is rampant in my body) and some calcification and probably a few other goodies going on. I have lots of shooting pains and chest pain etc. Oh, and the sore throat thing, but I have sinus problems all the time.

I take anti inflammatory meds and immunosuppressant drugs. They do help, but stretching and exercising also helps.

Glojer

Closed Thread