It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2006, 02:22 PM   #1
(female)

tweiler HB User

I just recently found this board and I have been avidly reading the posts. I last worked in 2003 but for a couple years before that I only worked for a couple of months because of health problems. I had drs telling me nothing was wrong with me. Then I moved to VA and the first dr was willing to give me muscle relaxers because of back spasms but she never went further beyond that. Then my husband changed jobs and with that came new insurance and new drs to stay in-network. My dr is not the friendliest person but she listens to me and she is the one who got started getting tests done to find out what was wrong with me. Over the course of a yr, I went to various drs and had various tests and did PT. PT mentioned fibromyalgia and then later the pain clinic mentioned it as well so I started trying to find out more. I asked the pain clinic for a referral to a rheumy and they gave it. Rheumy looked over my records and test history and then had me do some ROM stuff and did his exam. Told me I did have fibro and have prob been dealing with it all these years.

Like many w/fibro I have pain daily. I have to take muscle relaxers just to do light housekeeping. With summer upon us I am confined to my house much of the day because of the heat. I am also waiting for a decision on disability. I can't take long trips because sleeping on anything other than a waterbed causes pain to shoot down both legs, no matter which way I try to lie down. I also have to stop on car trips at least every 30 min to get out and walk. My life was turned upside down but as I told DH, it is a relief to know I am not crazy and that I have a real problem.

I tried to explain this to my 7 yr old DD. SHe was scared at first I was going to die, we lost both my parents a few years ago and it has changed her and matured her. SO i got to explain to DH & DD that what I have won't kill me but they don't know what causes it or how to cure it, all they can do is help me not hurt as much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread