It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

stick2013 HB User
In the past 3 yrs

I would like some in put as to what might be going on with me. I feel like there is ALWAYS something going on. I'm just sick of (I guess) of being sick.
In the last 3 yrs here is the list of things that I have had, been hospitalized with, or have been diagnosed with. Have been DX with Fibro for about 8 yrs.

2 episodes of Viral meningitis (Jan,and Feb UNHEARD OF) It only hits in July, August, and Sept!!!

2 episodes of diverticulitus
vertigo
bursitis
plantar facitis
bone spur foot
bone spur lower back
arthritis
C.O.P.D.
Interstitial Nephritis of kidneys
hypoglycemia feelings everyday, but negative tests results
achillies tendon lump, large and painful
I.B.S.
Small lumps all over body just under skin, painful
Asthma
Migraines
Now I am in two wrist braces, and on the 18th I have to have a nerve conductor test to see if it Carpal Tunnel or Nerve inpingment in shoulders.

I know that some of these are related to Fibro, but I guess I am just sick of being sick like I said. I know that the rest of you are sick of being sick too, and in no way am I making light of, nor do I feel that your pain is any less than mine. I would just like some input, theories, or like stories.

Thanks,

Sid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 05:59 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: In the past 3 yrs

hi sid,
hang in. there is always a sunrise to see that makes waking up a cool experience. being sick ain't for wimps is it? thought i had reached my limit then i had a stroke. guess what i discovered? i can do anything.
i had the cts surgery. looking back i could have avoided it simply by being diagnosed correctly and getting in physical therapy. not only was fibromyalgia going on but so was cronic myofacial pain. those lumps and all that pain are just part of my reality.
we all go thru days, sometimes weeks when we wonder just how much more we can handle. yet somehow we do handle it. you will continue to amaze yourself with your own power.
tomorrow may be better, who can say? if not, well watch a movie and check out. i do.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2006, 04:30 AM   #3
(female)

NataliesMom HB User

I myself have MS, Fibro, Degeneritive disc disease in cervical and lumbar spine, Hypoglcemia, Hassimoto(or however you spell it, basically Hypothyroid disease), with a nodule on my thyroid, poor eyesight that cannot be corrected thanks to my MS.

When you have a laundry list of stuff that is wrong with you, you tend to focus on yourself so much that it starts to consume you. The best thing I did for myself is to go and see a therapist. You would not believe how much better you would start to feel. My therapist has worked with me to take my mind off all the crap that's wrong with me and to focus on the positive things in my life. My kids, my DH, the fact that I do wake up breathing everyday, stuff like that. I would highly suggest a therapist to anyone with a laundry list of illnesses and problems it really works wonders to be able to talk out how mad you are that you have all of this, and there's nothing you can do about it. Give it a shot.

I really do know how you feel. Life isn't fair to us sometimes, it tests our strengths and pulls every bit of energy out of us. But some how we manage to go on. Keep on going, I hope you find some relief.

Old 08-12-2006, 06:05 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

stick2013 HB User

Hi Blue and Natalies mom,

Just wanted to say thanks for the post. I guess my post sounded like I was whinning, and maybe I was. I try and stay positve, but like many here, it's hard to do on a day to day basis. We all go thru tougher than normal days. Normal being living with the pain, the un-believers, and feelings of self doubt, among other things.

I have seen a therapist in the past, I also deal with P.T.S.D. I still see him when needed, but he feels that I have progressed enough that I don't need a therapist anymore. My therapy of late consist of working every day 5-8 hrs, 5-6 days a week and working out everyday, doing 2-4 miles on the treadmill, and walking tapes (Walk away the pounds)

Thanks again for the post, and have a pain free day....

Sid

Old 08-12-2006, 06:42 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi sid,
frustration is what i hear, not whining. this is the one place where you can come and simply be. we will understand. we have all been there and many of us still go there. this is not an easy road. together it is easier.
you come here anytime you want. we will be here. remember we all take turns leaning and we all take turns being each others rock. it is the kinship of fibromyalgia.
have you discussed fibro with your therapist? it is a much different adjustment than ptsd. congrads on coming out the other side of that! me too, and it is a big deal coming out of that tunnel.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 08-12-2006, 07:13 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

stick2013 HB User

Hi Blue,

Thanks for the words of "understanding"........ Meant more to me than you know. I continue (as do you, and many others) to strive for Healthy living to combat this condition we were dealt.

Thanks again for everything. Off to work now

Sid

Closed Thread