It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 06:59 AM   #1
(female)

CrazyDogLady HB User
Chiropractor for Fibro?

Has anyone tried a chiro for fibro? I'm waiting to get in to see a rheum, but it'll be about six months. I found a chiro about 60 miles away from my home, who lectures on fibro and hosts a support group for fibro sufferers. I'm impressed that he obviously knows a lot about fibro, but I'm skeptical that chiro care will help. Ayone? Thanks!

Old 08-10-2006, 08:52 AM   #2
(female)

steeltowngirl HB User
Re: Chiropractor for Fibro?

I went to chiropractor for fibromyalgia and it really helped a lot. It's a little painful (but in a good way) if that makes sense. but it really helped with the leg and hip pain. and did wonders for my TMJ. I really think it's worth the trip!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2006, 06:31 AM   #3
(female)

eva73 HB User

My chiropractor visits helped, but in a very temporary way. The massage therapist at the chiropractor's office helped lots more.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:38 AM   #4
(female)

CrazyDogLady HB User

I wish my insurance covered the massage! I'm thinking about paying for it out of pocket a couple of times a month. I have a feeling it'll be worth it!
Steeltowngirl, how did the chiro help with your tmj? Does he adjust your jaw?

Old 08-20-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
(female)

Izzybella HB User

Last edited by Izzybella; 08-01-2007 at 08:45 PM.

Old 08-26-2006, 07:32 PM   #6
(female)

Janet W. HB User
Cool Re: Chiropractor for Fibro?

I think it depends on where the pain is and of course the Chiro. I have been going again to my chiro- he has helped me and also knows my history of polio- he massages me and takes it easy. I would like to bring him home and keep him close by. So maybe try it and if they are familiar with fibro - even better.

Be well Janet

Old 06-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
(male)

bkatz295 HB User

Chiro has been great for me. It has helped more that any pill. I still take Neurontin and Bayer Back and Body for flare ups. With regular Chiro visits, my overall pain is much less and flare ups are down to 5 a year (vs daily/weekly). With me, I always have some pain but you actually get used to it. A few times a year, I will be totally pain free and it actually feel strange.
Typically, Chiro will start with 3 visits a week and then taper off. I like to go once a month for a tune up. All Chiros are different, there are many techniques. I initially did not want someone twisting my neck off. Find a chiro that has a table that moves and uses a the vibration tools. Its worth the cost of the copay or any out of pocket. PS - I have also tried accupuncture for 10 weeks with no success.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
i see a chiro for the unfixables in my joints. if you want massage and get insurance to pay for it request physical therapy with heat and tissue manipulation. wording is everything. i went a week ago after i sprained my lower back. he sent me to my doc for a script for p.t. instead. said he would only make it worse. the one thing he did try sent me into spasms and he freaked out, giggle. he is very gentle and can get my neck to ease up as well as my entire spine. i have another disorder called sjogrens that has the whole of my spine inflamed. he does alernate pressure and it feels so good. lasts about 5 days.
i don't go as often as i ought. giggle.
peace,
blue

Old 06-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Rhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB UserRhaquel HB User

I went to chiros for years with favorable to mixed to bad results. When I was having terrible intractable headaches, someone said --you've got to go my chiropractor. Well, he messed up my neck. I found a physical therapist years later in another state who had gone to a seminar and kearned a technique to work it out, but the problem is back, and I've moved away from that therapist, and don't have insurance for that now anyways.

I would choose physical therapy over chiropractic. At least I've left there with some tools to use throughout the years (exercises).

Closed Thread