It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 11:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User
Hi everyone.....

Hi,

I'm in the diagnosing process right now, have been for quite some time. I'm being seen at the mayo clinic right now....my symptoms are....

Disconnected/spacey/unreal feeling in my head 24/7---feels like I'm walking around in a dream all of the time
Extreme lower back/hip/butt/leg pain---gets worse at night and when I wake up in the morning I'm in extreme pain in those areas
Extreme fatigue - I yawn all day long
When I wake up in the morning I feel like I haven't slept at all
Brain fog constantly
Hair loss
Sweat throughout the day
Occasional night sweats
Eye floaters
Heart palpitations
Pelvic pain--I have cramp like pains all of the time--my periods are normal
Breast pain all of the time--not just during my period

I've had soooooooo many tests done and nothing is really showing up. I saw a rheumatologist and she gave me a sheet on fibromyalgia--so my symptoms seem to match that?
Thank you sooo much for any help!

schao

Old 08-11-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User
Re: Hi everyone.....

Hi Schao,

Are you still at Mayo? Has you received all of your results? Did they run a sleep study?

Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2006, 02:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User

Hi elmhar:

Yes, Im still going to the Mayo. I haven't had a sleep study done yet, but I am going to.
Do my symptoms sound like fibro?

Thanks,
schao

Old 08-16-2006, 07:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Some of your symptoms appear to be like some of the fibro symptoms we all experience but your symptoms could match those of other autoimmune diseases. It is best for you to run the gamut of tests to be sure you know what you are dealing with. Good Luck keep us posted on how you are doing.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User

Thanks for the reply. I've had many, many tests done and with my wide array of symptoms--im hoping the doctors are covering all bases.

I've had:
MRI: brain, pituitary gland, lumbar spine, C-spine--all with and without contrast
XRAY: chest, abdomen and hips
CT SCAN: brain, abdomen and pelvis--with and without contrast
Spinal tap
PET/CT Scan: skull base to mid-thigh
EKG
EEG
EMG
ENG
Echocardiogram
Pulmonary tests
Overnight holter monitor

Blood work: full thyroid panel with antibodies, CBC, metabolic panel, std's, ANA, rheumatoid factor, ESR, lyme disease (from Igenex lab in CA), EBV, hormones, iron, TIBC, ferritin....and more but that's all I can remember right now. My most recent blood work showed in my white count that my neutrophils were just a smidge high, but overall my WBC was not high. My EBV levels are high and showed I had that at one time, but do not have a current infection. My DHEA-S level is very low--so I'm on a supplement for that (doesnt seem to be doing any good yet).

I'm scared I have some kind of cancer or something that isn't showing up. Am I being stupid to think that? It's just so hard to be feeling like crap all of the time and in pain and have no reason why.
Thanks for reading.

schao

Old 08-16-2006, 11:34 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Hi Schao,

So you've had all these tests come back negative? If so, you've ruled out a boatload of nasty crap.

If I were you, I'd go over the hormone test results one more time with a fine tooth comb. I assume you have copies of all the labs that were run, along with ref. ranges. I'd look carefully at the free T3 level -- where is it on the ref. range. Ditto for estrogen, testosterone, and a.m. cortisol. Sometimes fairly minor hormone imbalances can contribute to fibro pain.

If you haven't had a sleep study yet, that may be revealing. Fibro does tend to have a typical sleep EEG signature -- but you may find there is some other sleep problem interfering with your life, flaring your pain, etc. The vast majority of sleep disorders are not due to malignancies, so don't worry about that too much. Most are treatable, pain-in-the-butt type chronic problems.

Most likely, if everything else is ruled out, you could end up w/a fibro dx.

Best wishes.

Old 08-16-2006, 03:41 PM   #7
(female)

kimzer HB User

Hey schoa, I've had fibro for many years but night sweats, heart palpatations, and real sleeping problems started when I began the perimenopausal stage of my life. Is that a possibility? kimzer

Old 08-17-2006, 10:57 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User

Elmhar: Yes, all of those tests came back negative. Think I'm being checked out thoroughly?

Kimzer: I am 27 years old, so I don't know if that's an option for me or not. I wouldn't think so quite yet.

Thank you for your replies.

schao

Closed Thread