It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 02:34 PM   #1
(female)

Michelle4 HB User
has anyone taken SSRI's before?

I currently taking Pexeva which is pretty comparable to paxil. I am trying to ween myself off of it but the side effects are terrible. Anyone else ever in this situations? If so how did you do it?

Old 08-18-2006, 12:33 PM   #2
(female)

dougrobin01 HB User
Re: has anyone taken SSRI's before?

Hi,

I'm new to this whole board and have not been diagnosed with FMS. I'm still gathering information and getting wonderful feedback from everybody here. I will be taking all of this info to my Doc in Sept.

Yes, I've been on Celexa. I too had horrible side affects from coming off of it. My doctor neglected (grrrrr!) to tell me about weaning off the meds.
I was on 20mg. After my second unsuccessful weaning, I cut the pill in half and took 10mg for two weeks. Then cut in half again to 5mg and did that for two more weeks. Not too hard w/ a good pill cutter. I screwed up a few times and ended up with Celexa dust. I read that you can get liquid in 5mgs but I had all these pills on hand, I didn't want to pay for anything else.

Anyway, I still had some tiny traces of the headspins and brain zaps (that's what I call them) but not nearly as bad as when I went from 10 mgs to nothing. That's when I had the sweats, trembles and horrible head spins and brain zaps. Those are hard to explain unless you've had them. Kind of feels like your brain is being zapped by an electrode. Doesn't hurt, just feels terribly weird. I had no sweats or trembles coming off of the 5mg.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Robin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #3
(female)

Michelle4 HB User

Yes!!! I know exactly what you mean! The problems you had were the same problems I was having when I started trying to wean myself off of it, then I went back to my regular dose. I think I will try it again but do it more carefully.
I have since been dx'd with restless leg syndrome, was on klonopin, now he switcted me to requip so its been a crazy road. I hate taking so may meds.

Thank you for the insight.

Michelle

Old 08-20-2006, 09:59 PM   #4
(female)

Izzybella HB User

Last edited by Izzybella; 08-01-2007 at 08:46 PM.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:00 PM   #5
(female)

Michelle4 HB User

Thanks for the info, I never really thought to ask the pharmacist.

I went back to my regular dose for now because work is getting crazy and I cant go through all of the problems I feel when I try stopping. I think I will try once busy season is over.

Take care,
michelle

Closed Thread