It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

pixiepoodle HB User
Anyone buy a split King size tempurpedic adjustable bed

I'm curious if anyone has purchased the split King size tempurpedic adjustable bed and if it gives you find it more comfortable to sleep on. They are much more expensive than the regular flat bed they sell and I want to get the adjustable bed because it would be better for your tender points.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2006, 07:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
Re: Anyone buy a split King size tempurpedic adjustable bed

Okay, I'm 18 and have a regular bed, however, my parents have the split King size tempurpedic adjustable bed. They were used to a water bed but got used to the new one very quickly and my mom (who has fms too) says it is wonderful and very comfortable. And my dad just says "whatever" because he shows no emotion to anything anyway . . . hehe. My mom is very happy they got it even though they spent a pretty penny on it. She says it helps her fms - not, like, tons, but enough that it was worth it. It is also handy with her frequent heartburn and stuff to be able to raise herself up. So, yeah, she likes it.

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2006, 08:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

I did not buy the tempurpedic bed, I purchased memory foam pads from Costco. I already had a 3" foam mattress, added 2 of the 2" foam pads. I sleep better, can actually lay on my side and hips not hurt. I put all this on top of a regular mattress/box springs. The cost for memory foam pads from Costco is so much cheaper than investing in the tempurpedic bed. Of course I do not have the pleasure of raising the head or foot of bed up and down.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:51 PM   #4
(male)

HisKid1973 HB User

I got a single version of the craftsmatic bed at a second hand shop for $130. I added a 3" memory foam pad on it.. I have gerd with my FM so I have it raised. I actually ache more from it sometimes since I sink down and stay in one spot longer.
May God Bless you..Kim

Closed Thread