It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
(female)

CrazyDogLady HB User
Legs giving out?

Sorry, I have ANOTHER question. Does anyone else's legs give out? Sometimes just walking to the bathroom, I don't think I can make it. My legs are so tired - it's like I just ran a marathon, they'll even start to shake if I getting up from a crouched down position. Like it's this great effort. Other times, I'm just walking around and they just go out. Anyone?

Old 08-11-2006, 03:03 PM   #2
(female)

Suni321 HB User
Re: Legs giving out?

Hi - I've had it happen to me twice. Each time I would be walking & could feel that my legs were going to give out & as I took each step forward, things became worse (almost like dead legs?) until my legs gave out and I hit the ground. It was a horrible feeling. And unforunately very hard to explain.

I did go and see 2 different neurologists who were baffled. Neither could figure out what would cause this. They ruled out everything they could think of through a barage of tests. Luckily it has not re-occured again for me. I still have an occasional vertigo when walking or getting up but, no more "dead legs" thank the Lord!

However; I would strongly urge you to talk with your doctor. As they can help to rule out things like medications, vitamin deficiency, nerves that are blocked when sitting that may be causing these problems or possibly come to a different conclusion/solution for you.

Hope that helps,
Ami

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2006, 08:41 PM   #3
(female)

CrazyDogLady HB User

Thank you Ami! That's exactly what it feels like! I have a neuro anyway (I also have epilepsy, among other things...) I have to go see him in a couple of weeks anyway.
I was just diagnosed with fibro, so everything is really confusing. I'm not sure what's fibro and what's not. I don't want to assume everything is fibro and ignore something that shouldn't be. But, I don't want to be an alarmist either. Thank you very much for your input. This board has saved my sanity many time!

Old 08-12-2006, 04:05 AM   #4
(male)

ohsotired HB User

Hi I'm ohsotired, my legs also give out but my doc thinks it mite be from my spinal stenosis you mite want to check on that.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:28 AM   #5
(female)

kimzer HB User

Hi, my legs give out too when going up stairs or inclines. Do you have low blood pressure by chance or any circulation problems?

Old 08-18-2006, 12:13 PM   #6
(female)

dougrobin01 HB User

Wow, this is great! Not your legs giving out I mean. I'm new the board and have not been diagnosed. I've been doing research and putting the puzzle pieces together and you just gave me another piece!

My legs turning into jelly just started about a month ago. Most of my aches, pains, lethargy, brain fog, etc have been gradually sneaking up on me through the years but this is new and fresh.

It's really scary when it happens for no apparent reason. I'm just walking down the hall at work or from room to room in my home and bam! I get the jelly legs going. It only lasts for seconds but man, I hope I don't fall going down stairs or something. Again, I'm not diagnosed and I've been feeling a bit paranoid and I'm constantly questioning myself if all of this is really happening. It does not happen every day. I would say a few times per week. I hope it doesn't get worse and/or more frequent.

I'm glad I came here to finally talk to people with the same problems. I may not be diagnosed with FMS but even if I don't have it, something is definately going on. Good luck!

Old 07-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #7
(female)

tsuefox HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDogLady View Post
Sorry, I have ANOTHER question. Does anyone else's legs give out? Sometimes just walking to the bathroom, I don't think I can make it. My legs are so tired - it's like I just ran a marathon, they'll even start to shake if I getting up from a crouched down position. Like it's this great effort. Other times, I'm just walking around and they just go out. Anyone?
YES! I have been having my left leg just buckle after alot of walking or lifting and I end up falling! Last night I was walking to my car & haflway there I felt like I was going to fall I got there and got the door open and fell to my kness. Anyone know what causes this?

Closed Thread