It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2006, 02:08 AM   #1
(female)

JustMeWhoo HB User
Question Possible Fibro or Something Else?

This doesn't really seem to me to fit the symptoms I've read on all sorts of different Web sites on what Fibro is, but I can't seem to find any other possible problem, so I thought maybe I'd check in with some folks who know, first hand.

It started off with my knees beginning to hurt several months ago. Then it added my hips hurting to the equation. Several weeks ago, I started getting random areas on my legs (especially my whole shins) which were so sensitive to touch that even if my pants brushed against it or my dog's leg tapped it, it would hurt so bad - sort of as if there were a bruise on that spot (but worse pain and more sensitive than a bruise usually is), but there are no bruises. My ankles also started to hurt sometimes.

Now, my knees don't hurt as much and my hips only hurt sometimes. I still get some random touch-sensitive pain spots, but also get pain in my wrists, sometimes due to no cause and sometimes after I've done something minute with them (such as moved my hand down, pouring something, typing/using the mouse, pressing a button on the TV remote, etc.). The top of my left foot is almost constantly hurting, especially when I walk, sometimes to the level of where I can't put pressure on it (can't walk on it) and one time I was walking and suddenly seriously thought my ankle broke, 'cause that's what the pain felt like, and I thought I was gonna fall over bec. of it, but after several seconds I didn't and I realized it wasn't hurt at all - just was painful from whatever on earth is going on with me.

Some days are better than others, having less pain than others, but still having pain. The pain is in my legs (hips and downward) and arms (elbows and downward). It isn't better or worse at any particular time of day. It does seem to be worse on my left side (more instances of pain there, incl. the broken foot feeling instance), but both sides are involved.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2006, 05:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
Re: Possible Fibro or Something Else?

i have had fibro for about 35 yrs now. the signs you have do sound like fibro, but, arthritis may be the culprit also. i have dengerative disc, bone, and spine disease. have had my knee and hip replaced, now my other knee will be done shortly. so, the 2 can be alot alike also. maybe if you rule out arthritis with blood test or xrays, they should ck your trigger points for fibro.
they are both very painful, and i do know what you're going thru.

best of luck, and i am here if you have any questions about either diagnosis.
bevann

Old 08-13-2006, 03:12 PM   #3
(female)

JustMeWhoo HB User
Re: Possible Fibro or Something Else?

Thanks for your help, Bevann!

I didn't know arthritis could have these symptoms. Man, there needs to be multiple descriptions of arthritis and Fibro on the Internet! Everywhere I go, I see pretty much the same description of them, and if what I have is one of them, I don't feel those descriptions fit what I am going through.

Ugh, I hate docs. Guess I better see one soon, though. *Sigh*

Closed Thread