It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2006, 09:40 PM   #1
(female)

y0ungshel HB User
Coping with children and full time job

Hello,

I am new to the boards and am looking for some support. I have had active fibro for about 17 months now. I have a full time job and children. To top it all off, my daughter suddenly passed away in Jan. I am having trouble coping and am in pain all of the time. I can't keep my mind straight and I don't know if it is the grief or the fibromyalgia that is making me feel so off balance and out of this world. I am sure that it is a combination of everything, I don't have the option of taking time off of work and I am the main caregiver for my other 5 children. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you for your time,
Shelley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
(female)

Mora HB User
Re: Coping with children and full time job

So sorry you are feeling this way. Yes the stress makes fibro SO much worse. Sounds like you have been through a ton and a half. Find yourself a ruemy and tell the doc all thats been going on in your life and just how you feel both mentally and physically. When you find the right combo of medications that make you feel better it is the best! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 06:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

Shelley, my heart goes out to you. This disease/syndrome is so hard enough to deal with and on top of that working and caring for five children. I am so sorry to hear of the death of your daughter. I just cannot imagine how you are coping enough to function on top of everything else, but it is a testimony to your inner strength that you are. Don't give up, hang in. I agree about finding a good doc and getting on some medication that might help. Therapy is also a great medical tool. Someone can listen to you and help you find ways to better cope with the situation you are in. I know this might seem impossible, but schedule at least a 1/2 to 1 hour block for your self to just breathe! It will help you have a chance for down time to pray, meditate, and just catch your breath. I hope you have family close by or good friends that can help you with getting some "sane" time for yourself. It will greatly impact your health in a positive way. Hang in there!
Mim

Last edited by mim; 08-14-2006 at 06:23 AM.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Hi there Shelley,

I'm so sorry for your loss. You have lived through about the worst thing any loving parent can live through. But you are heroic in your efforts to hold it all together under incredibly demanding circumstances.

Stress reduction, grief counselling, medication -- all of these have potential to help. Network in your community to find a doc who is knowledgeable about fibro. It may be a rheumy, it may be some other kind of doc. The important thing is that others with fibro have found effective help w/that doc. If you are stuck, see if you can make contact w/a local fibro support group. Members there may be able to tell you, in confidence, what their experience has been with various docs.

Just a thought, how old are your kids? Are they helping around the house in age-appropriate ways?

Best wishes.

Closed Thread