It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
(female)

kimzer HB User
Anyone feel swimmy headed?

I have had this numbness in the back of my head especially when I first get out of bed and my head remains swimmy throughout the day when I move my head. This has been going on now for about 4 weeks. My problems have always been from the neck down and was wandering if anyone else has experienced this. My fibro doctor says I may have a case of vertigo but thats not very reassuring considering how it is hampering my daily routine. Thanks!

Old 08-16-2006, 12:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User
Re: Anyone feel swimmy headed?

Hi Kimzer:

What do you mean by swimmy headed? I describe my head issues as feeling "unreal", or "disconnected" from the world. It's a very strange feeling that I have 24/7. Does that sound anything like yours? I also have a lot of brain fog as well.

schao

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
(male)

destino HB User
Cool Re: Anyone feel swimmy headed?

Yes, I know the symtoms you are describing, let me ask you, do you have any amalgam fillings?

I am having mine looked at in about 2 weeks.

Old 08-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #4
(female)

kimzer HB User

Thanks schao for your response. I have had that disconnect like you mentioned but this symptom I am experiencing is more physical. It's like the inside of my head moves slower than the physical movement of my head, giving me a brief feeling of "swimmy headiness" for the moment. It's like I have liquid inside my head. I have heard a lot of people talk of brain fog. Although I have had fibro for many years the head stuff is new to me. Can you describe "brain fog"? Is this more physical or mental feeling? kimzer

Old 08-16-2006, 03:28 PM   #5
(female)

kimzer HB User

Hey destino, yes, I do have amalgam fillings. In fact, I'm fixing to have a very large one replaced with a crown next week. Why? kimzer

Old 08-17-2006, 10:59 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User

Kimzer:

Brain fog can be a few different things. Problems thinking straight, poor memory, poor concentration, confusion, those sorts of things. I have these issues daily. Do you have any of that?

schao

Old 08-18-2006, 02:24 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzer
I have had this numbness in the back of my head especially when I first get out of bed and my head remains swimmy throughout the day when I move my head. This has been going on now for about 4 weeks. My problems have always been from the neck down and was wandering if anyone else has experienced this. My fibro doctor says I may have a case of vertigo but thats not very reassuring considering how it is hampering my daily routine. Thanks!
Kimzer, youre not diabetic by any chance are you? my mom is and she experiences that same exact feeling daily, doctor said it was due to neurapathy in her case, most likely caused by her diabetes.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:06 PM   #8
(female)

kimzer HB User
Talking Re: Anyone feel swimmy headed?

blood sugar has has always been fine, thanks though! kimzer

Old 04-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
(male)

ashes123 HB User
Exclamation Re: Anyone feel swimmy headed?

Yes this is happening to me... My head is really swimmy feeling. I feel a little out of touch with whats going on around me. I am very cloudy and am going to see whats going on...

Old 04-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Welcome to the world of "fibrofog". I suspect you are having a brain flare. Just like your body reacts elsewhere to FMS, so does the brain.

Kirstee

Old 04-28-2010, 07:43 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

(Schoa, I have it 24/7 also and have gotten to the point that this will be who I am for the rest of my life )

Kimzer, I hope you find out whats going on and when you do would you post your findings by your doctor?

I wish us all wellness

~Belle~

Old 04-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #12
(male)

ashes123 HB User

What did you ever find out about the swimmy head feeling b/c I have the same stuff going on...

Old 04-29-2010, 08:26 AM   #13
(male)

ashes123 HB User

I am going today to check everything out.... I will keep everyone updated on how its going and whats they say... Thanks and Bless all of you who have this... Its horrible.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #14
(male)

ashes123 HB User

I went to the Dr. turns out I have severe allergies that manifests in my head.
I have never had this before but oh well... Welcome to 40. I am taking nasonex and flonase spay which has helped drastically. I had blood work done and a ct scan which all results were very normal. I am feeling a little better and hopefully this cloudy feeling will go away!!

Old 04-30-2010, 02:25 PM   #15
(male)

ashes123 HB User

Yes this sounds all to familiar. I went to the Dr. for blood work and a CT scan on my head which came out all good. All levels were normal and scan looked good. I really think its due to allergties which I have never had before. Doc gave me nasonex and flonaze which helped out alot. I still feel slightly "Swimmy and foggy" but alot of people who I have ran into also say they have really felt wierd this season due to the pollen this year. I have never experienced anything like this. It has gone on for two weeks but I am starting to come out of it somewhat.. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread