It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2006, 11:54 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User
Anyone have this?

I have back/leg/hip/butt pain all day but at night time it gets worse, and when I wake up in the morning I feel like I've been run over by a truck--I am so stiff all over and my low back and legs hurt real bad.
Anyone else?
I've had xrays, ct scans, mri's, and a pet scan and nothing has shown up.

Thanks all,
schao

Old 08-23-2006, 09:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Re: Anyone have this?

Hi, it sounds almost like a pinched or damaged nerve possibly. Have you had any nerve conduction tests done by a neurologist? I will have said perhaps a disc, but you say a mri and ct scan show nothing. I know that I had a slight bulge before mine ruptured which made me have the same symptoms you are having. Keep searching, obviously something is wrong, you just have not found the right doc or test to indicate what that something is! Good luck to you!
Mim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

stick2013 HB User

I had pain in back, and a gnawing pain running down front of upper thigh, then into side of calf. I had a pinched nerve, arthritis and a bone spur at L5. I have had several epidural steroid injections in my lower back. But yes, have it checked out, and hopefully they will do a nerve conduction test.

Take care,

Sid

Old 08-23-2006, 03:05 PM   #4
(female)

Hotpaws HB User

Hi Schao,

Hm, it does sound like possibly sciatica / herniated disc, but the CT scan should've detected it. That's what detected mine years ago. I don't know about the nerve conduction test that others have suggested, but sounds like a good idea. To at least help the pain til you get a diagnosis, can you get a little relief from Motrin or Paracetamol or muscle relaxants? Hot packs or cold packs?

It's possible that these are a part of your fibromyalgia symptoms. Sorry, I don't know your history -- have you been diagnosed with FM? Are you still in search of a diagnosis for your pain?

When I have FM flares, I've got pain and stiffness in my neck, shoulders, between my shoulder blades, my lower back, butt, left thigh, calves, feet, hands, forearms and down the sides of my body. And yes, in the morning, you could refer to it as though having been hit by a Mack truck ... I like to refer to it as feeling like something someone scraped off the bottom of their shoe.

Good luck!!!

Old 08-23-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
(female)

kimzer HB User

That sounds like the symptoms of fibromyalgia alright, I've had the exact same thing. Getting out of bed is every day but the hip area is what a call an acute attack. Acute attacks just come from no where and and they will leave the same way. I find that I always have an attack going on somewhere and the rest of my body is O.K.. Like right now I'm having an attack in my neck and shoulder area. Since there is no test for fibromyalgia all you can do is eliminate everything else it could be. There are blood test for most everything else or x-rays. If all your test come back negative then you go into the unexplained fibromyalgia world. Hope this helps! kimzer

Old 08-23-2006, 06:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

Yes..I have that ..especially first thing in the morning. My chiropracter gave me some stretches to do before getting out of bed that will get the blood flowing in the hip and leg areas. I have adhesions and scar tissue in my hip and leg area...it's pretty common to have that actually as we age...anyway by stretching I'm opening up that area that has been constricted from laying in one position while sleeping, and getting the blood and oxygen flowing through there. I'll try to describe the stretch. Lay on your side near the side of the bed. Stretch your arm over your head (and I don't mean up in the air ,but towards your headboard.) At the same time lift the leg on top up and over the side of the bed ..keeping your leg straight and lowering it towards the floor as much as possible. Stretch and hold 30secs or so ,then turn around so your head is facing the end of the bed and repeat on the other side. This may or may not help you ,but it might be worth a try....

Old 08-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User

Thank you all for your replies. I have a lot of issues going on and I've had tons of tests, but for my back I have had an MRI of lumbar spine with and w/out contrast, ct of my pelvis (I have pelvic pain as well), xrays of my hips which showed mild DDD in my hip and SI joint area--but my doc said that shouldnt be causing me pain. I also had a PET/CT scan of my whole back down to my mid thigh. I had an EMG as well. So, I would thing anything serious would be ruled out, but who knows. All I know is I'm in tons of pain and dont know why.
Kathryn--I will try that stretch--thank you for that suggestion.

schao

Closed Thread