It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 06:34 AM   #1
(female)

JaneEG HB User
Aches and Pains etc etc.....

I have fibro and haven't been feeling too bad until lately - I now have terrible pains in my lower back, buttocks, thighs and knees, my IBS symptoms have errupted again with bloating and running to the loo after eating anything (no blood etc) pelvic pain, nausea all the time, can't sleep, am constantly fatigued (everything is a real effort), pain in my jaw/ear/neck and just feel worse than I have ever felt! Is this common with fibro as I have never been this bad??!!!! HELP!!!!!
Thanks
JaneG

Old 08-23-2006, 07:30 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Aches and Pains etc etc.....

hi jane,
yes it is normal. relax, take a deep breath and let it out slowly. remember to breath. when we are in pain we breath shallow and that intensifies the pain as our tissue needs oxygen and we are depriving ourselves. i do an exercise in breath when i am hurting. 3 breaths in thru the mouth and out nose. 3 breaths in thru nose and out mouth. 3 breaths in and out nose. 3 breaths in and out thru mouth. i save the mouth one for last and really go deep letting out fully. do this slow and easy. i have found simple breath eases my pain. does not make it go away, but for a few my mind is on breath instead of pain and it alters the cycle of pain.
i take belladonna when i have nasty ibs. ask your doc. it is a "muscle relaxer" for the intestins. stay away from meat if you eat any during an ibs flare up. funny warped how a fibro flare and an ibs flare like to party together.
you hang on. all flares pass. thankfully they do leave, gifting us with mini vacations.
it is a pleasure to meet you. i don't recall welcoming you, so welcome. if i did well, we can just call it fibro fog, yes? giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #3
(female)

JaneEG HB User

Hi Bluelakelady and thanks for the reply. Anything I eat at all starts my guts off on a rollercoaster, the pain is awful but I will try the breathing thing.

I will keep track of all the conversations on here and hopefully learn a thing or two!!
JaneEG

Old 08-23-2006, 06:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

I also have an RX for belladonna. It's good just to have that stuff on hand. Thankfully I haven't had a real attack of IBS in a year or so. I used to have attacks at least once a week ,so i'm thinking I'm past that for whatever reason. Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. The " square breathing "which is what I do, and what sounds like "bluelake lady" is recommending does help with the anxiety of dealing with the pain.It won't take the pain away ,but it will get your focus off of it for awhile ,and give you time to calm down and regroup. Wish i had a better solution for you. I don't know if this will help you at all, but I also take 300mg of 5HTP a day ,which has a calming effect.

Closed Thread