It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 01:22 PM   #1
(female)

clarebear1929 HB User
fibromyalgia

Hi

I got told i had Fibromyalgia May 2004 im 24 years old it all started with my elbows i kept getting fobbed with it being Tennis elbows had injections in my elbows to take the pain away (Not pleasant at all) but things still werent any better by then my back started hurting and all my joints were all achy i was depressed i started getting loads of headaches and also really bad IBS............
In the end i was having so much time off i demanded the doc for more tests and i went to see a Reumatologist ( i think thats how it is spelt) and he told me it was Fibromyalgia i went and told my family none of us really had heard of it so we didnt know what to do. I lost my job with time off......
I went back to the docs and they gave me some Amitriptyline and diclofanac and some sleeping pills......
Months past and it got worse it got to the point where i couldnt do anything i was really low and walking was found difficult .......
I sat down with my Step Dad and had a talk and he told me that i shouldnt let this effect me so i got up lost some weight went to the gym and got a personnal trainer to do slow excercise and i did fight it dont get me wrong i still had pain and some days i couldnt be bothered to get out of bed but i got myself a new job and got my life back on track untill recentley my step dad past away june this year and i have gone down hill my pains are bad again im really depressed and the doc said the depression is bringing everything back so i am battling again but i dont have the motivation to get back to my life...............

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #2
(female)

kimzer HB User
Re: fibromyalgia

I am interested in you elbow pain. Did your elbow turn dark and rough next to the elbow bone and did it hurt and go numb when you sleep and cause you to wake up? I've had trouble with my elbow for a while and your the first person to mention their elbow. kimzer

Old 08-23-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
(female)

kimzer HB User

I am interested in you elbow pain. Did your elbow turn dark and rough next to the elbow bone and did it hurt and go numb when you sleep and cause you to wake up? I've had trouble with my elbow for a while and your the first person to mention their elbow. kimzer

Old 08-24-2006, 03:42 AM   #4
(female)

clarebear1929 HB User

Hello

Yes the pain in my elbow is a really dull pain it causes no end of trouble for me wen i go to sleep not only does it go numb i experience alot of pins and needles in both arms aswell which is a nightmare because it takes a while to go........
Both my elbows are constanly swollen worse if i do anything like chop veg or mix stuff...
The docs gave me some wrist thingys to half the stuff i done with my wrist because the movement of my wrist cause pain in my elbows .............

Clare

Old 08-25-2006, 03:59 PM   #5
(female)

kimzer HB User

Hi Clare,
I don't sleep very well either. The main problem is that I am a side sleeper and my arms go numb and I wake up in pain. The elbow on my left arm gives me the most pain, it gets sore to the touch like it's bruised but it doesn't hurt to move it. On the inside of the elobow it often turns this dark purple color and the skin is rough. Nobody seems to have an answer. I figured it was from not getting enough blood at night. Does this sound familiar to you or does your elbow just hurt when you move it? kimzer

Old 08-28-2006, 04:20 AM   #6
(female)

clarebear1929 HB User

Hi

Well i havent experienced my elbows going purple my pain is more to move it then touch it the inside of my elbows are like tennis balls to look at they are really swollen some days they go really stiff and hard to move,
My knees are now getting worse.....
With your Fibromyalgia do you suffer with IBS at all i do really bad case of it its horrible...........
What medication have the docs given you

Clare x

Old 08-28-2006, 12:48 PM   #7
(female)

dougrobin01 HB User

Hi,

Kimzer replied and mentioned not hearing of anyone w/ elbow pain. That's what I've been battling with for 3 years but I was diagnosed with Tennis Elbow and nothing has helped. Therapy, drugs, braces, you name it. I'm now convinced this could be part of FMS that I still have not been diagnosed w/ yet. I'm still in the testing phase. Right now it's killing my elbow just to type this. I have a desk job and every movement of my mouse or keyboard hurts. My back always hurts no matter what kind of chair I sit in and when I get up, I walk like I'm 100 years old (I'm only 37) because of leg pain. I guess I've just lived with it for so long, I quit bitching out loud. People just ask me all the time if I'm feeling o.k. I just smile and lie. I haven't told anyone except my boss about me possibly having FMS.

I use Arnica Montana cream on my elbows and it helps. I have also used Tiger Balm but only at home because it's VERY aromatic to say the least. It has a wonderful warm sensation that no other sports rub can give. My husband doesn't like the smell but oh well. I don't like to take meds for fear of liver damage and I just like to see if I can find more natural alternatives. In the midst of my testing for FMS, I'm wanting to get prego so I definately cannot take any drugs until I have a baby. Phew! What a sacrifice this will be for him/her.

Wishing you a pain free day!
dougrobin01

Old 08-29-2006, 04:57 PM   #8
(female)

clarebear1929 HB User

Hi

My elbows where the first thing that started hurting then it went through my body it does hurt when i type but i live through it i was also trying for a baby and stopped the pills but with no luck after 2 years i couldnt put up with the pain any longer and have put off the baby and concetrate on getting rid of the pain which has got worse i have sunk so low in depression on the death of my step dad which has brought the pain out in double so im taking a few pills its helping talking to people in the same situation just want to say thanks

Clare x

Closed Thread