It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

JudyL HB User
Cool New to this board

Hi there,
My name is Judy ,
I am 48 years old and have had fms for 9 years.
It started after a western caribean cruise, I got a viral infection right away.
And was sick the whole time with out any anti biotics.
Not till i got home a week later.
I believe now it was the EBV virus as i had blood work done to check for certain viruses.
About 3 months after that, i started having problems with cramping in my legs and neck. Nothing they gave me helped. Then one day i got this horrific cramping in the upper part of my back and it has been downhill since.
Finally after 3 months of numereous test i was dx with fms.
I had never heard of it before.
I have tried just about every pain medication out there..and recently was just switched to oxycontin twice a day .which works well, but is a little hard on my relfux problem. So i went back to taking hydorcordone during the day and one oxycontin at night before bed, so far so good..but i cannot miss a dosage, or i start to have withdrawal symptoms.
I have had a lot of stressors in my life , the last one being last summer when hubby was diagnosed with esophageal cancer 3 months after he retired at the age of 54 and one month after we purchased a home inSouth carolina..
We were forced to stay in mass. in a small lake side cottage until he had surgery and a years worth of chemo and radiation treatments. So i had to put my fms on the back burner and step up to the plate to take care of him.
It was a long hard winter here on the lake i can tell you that much.
We are looking forward to going back in september till next june.. and finally pick up our lives and move forward.
Thats the updated version for now..
would like to hear from others who live in mass or Sc.

Judy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: New to this board

Judy welcome to the board, we have some really great people here. How is your husband doing now, is he in remission? I know what you have been going through, my hubby was diagnosed last June with cancer and finished his chemo in Jan. right now he is in remission.....Yippee! He does however have a muscle disease related to cancer that is worse than the cancer or chemo ever was. It is funny how our fibrobuddies kind of step aside when we have to step up to the plate and amazing how much we can do no matter how bad we are feeling. My hubby retired at age 57 and 1yr. later we started our journey through cancer, chemo and now dermatomyositis (isn't that a mouthful).

When you are feeling bad come here to the board and unburden, we are here for you.

Glojer

Old 08-28-2006, 12:23 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

JudyL HB User
Re: New to this board

I know exactly what you went through..it was the hardest thing i ever had to watch.
Right now there is no cancer present..they think they got it all.
He just had his p e t scan and all is good..he will have to have one every 5 months or so for a few years.

Thank God that doctor decided to do a routine scope during his colonoscopy or we would have never known..Funny how the crap hits the fan right after they retire.

Two good things came out of it..he has a new appreication for illnesses and pain..and he went from being 240lbs to 180....much better!!!
He looks like he did when i first me him 18 years ago.
He eats small things during the day and then a normal supper.
sometimes he gets the sweats and sick to his stomach after he eats as that is normal with this surgery he had and he has to go lay down for a half hour till it passes.
So i guess going out to eat isnt a good idea these days.
But yes he's doing great.
I have to go for an endoscopy this thursday..i am hoping for good news too.
Lord knows we can't handle another year like the last one.
I am in new england right now at a summer cottage on a small lake..
I have to babysit my new grandaughter the next two weekends and then were out of here and back to South Carolina for the next 9 months..can't wait to get there. and maybe our lives can start to be normal.
The fibro has been at bay for the last 4 days or so...just a little achey..but nothing to severe..but im sure after i babysit i will die of fatigue like i did the last time...but it is so worth it..lol Plus it will be along time before i see her again once we leave for sc/
So busy busy week here..Hes got an appointment with his oncologist tomorrow and i got my scope on thursday and the baby comes friday afternoon till sunday..weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Im so glad i found these boards..

take care and thanks for answering my post..

Judy

Last edited by moderator2; 08-28-2006 at 02:03 PM. Reason: no discussion of other board websites for any reason

Closed Thread