It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
(female)

Kay7980 HB User
Fibromyalgia--NEW to the board

Hello everyone my name is Kay. Ive had fibromyalgia for about 3 to 4 yrs. It started after a car accident in 2002. But before all of that I will let you know I have asthma and I have had 3 sinus surgeries for infections, but I still suffer from infections, it seems they never go away, antibioctics are only temp. I think it effects my fibromyalgia..I guess the worst part for me is I can no longer do the work I love I have given up my fulltime jobs, and I have tryed 2 partime jobs but I just cant stand on my feet anymore, I also have plantar fascitis in my feet, so I feel doomed sometimes....the only thing that helps just a little bit is pain meds mild ones at that I'm afraid of anything stronger because of my asthma, I guess I just need someone to talk to thanks everyone Kay

Last edited by Kay7980; 08-30-2006 at 08:22 PM.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
Re: Fibromyalgia--NEW to the board

Hello Kay! Nice to meet you! You have come to the right place! Everyone around here is so helpful and friendly and full of wonderful advice and counsel. They are wonderful people. So, feel free to ask questions, vent, or just have a fun conversation!

My name is Julie. I am 18 years old and have had fibro symptoms since 7th grade. I was officially diagnosed after 10th grade. Now I am in my first year of college (just moved in on Saturday actually!).

It is so wonderful to meet you and, once again, welcome!!

Julie

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2006, 09:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Hi Kay,

Have you had a full thyroid workup recently? Low thyroid function can really complicate fibro -- and plantar fascitis as well as frequent sinus infections are not uncommon w/low thyroid. The best tests of thyroid function for fibro sufferers are Free T3 & Free T4. Most docs just screen TSH but that is insufficient for fibro sufferers.

Have you read the book From Fatigued to Fantastic by Jacob Teitelbaum, MD? It is a really great resource, with over 400 pg. of thoughtful commentary on medical, alternative, and self-help treatments for fibro & chronic fatigue, from a doctor who is a fellow sufferer & fibro researcher. You might even be able to pick the book up at your local public library.

Best wishes.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:26 PM   #4
(female)

Kay7980 HB User

Hey Julie, was nice to have a reply so quickly! what do you do to help with your fibromyalgia? I had been swimming some but almost 2 weeks ago i went with my grandson and i guess i hurt my hip, lack of sleep has made it alot worse.....some friends say I should try holistic medicine, herbs, even something called Gojo juice has anyone tryed this?

Good luck at school Julie

Kay

Old 08-28-2006, 10:36 PM   #5
(female)

Kay7980 HB User

Hey Elmhar,
Thanks for your reply! I have never heard of getting my thyroid checked. It is probally a good idea i dont know it may be affecting me not being able to lose weight. but being in pain and so fatigued all the time I dont have much motivation to do much...I know that is the worst thing DOING NOTHING but seems everytime I get some what stable or having a good day something happens or the stress of it all just gets the best of me
Thanks for the info

Kay

Old 08-29-2006, 03:49 AM   #6
(male)

ohsotired HB User
Talking Re: Fibromyalgia--NEW to the board

Hi Kay, Like your self, I.m also new to this board. I have fibro along with a few other probs that keep me in some sort of pain, I have been taking pain meds for about 5 yrs know and I went tru alot of B.S to find the right combo. I'm also very lucky to have a P.C that isn't afraid to give me what I need that works. Also go to a counseling grp once a wk that really helps. Good Luck with everything , E-Mail you soon.

Old 09-23-2006, 02:39 PM   #7
(female)

better_days HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay7980
Hey Julie, was nice to have a reply so quickly! what do you do to help with your fibromyalgia? I had been swimming some but almost 2 weeks ago i went with my grandson and i guess i hurt my hip, lack of sleep has made it alot worse.....some friends say I should try holistic medicine, herbs, even something called Gojo juice has anyone tryed this?

Good luck at school Julie

Kay
I've heard of Gojo... I've heard it's great and will help you sleep.HOWEVER, my co-worker's wife is a vendor. So he brought some to work. My boss took some and wound up at the hospital that night- so I never woruld try it after that.

Old 09-24-2006, 09:35 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

stick2013 HB User

Welcome to the board!!!!! As everyone has already mentioned, you will find LOTS of helpful, wonderful people here. It has been so helpful to me being here.

Again Welcome!

Sid

Old 09-25-2006, 02:56 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

i believe and agree with al i have read here. lots of knowledge. i believe i have had fibro for years. pain, insomnia, medication sensitive,allergies, asthma, diabetes, HBP. about 13 years ago i couldn't get out of bed one morning. husband had to cary me to the dr.sit was about a months after my beloved Dad passed away. dr. said my epstein barr titer was the highest he had ever seen. started all of a sudden to get cold sores constantly, had shingles twice. never had a cold sore in my life until then at age 40. took years to learn how to handle the relapses and cut them short. 5 years later my 21 year old duahgter passed away in a tragic car accident. 2 years later i started to suffer work related lifting injuries. i am on myfifth one now. lots of trauma to the mind, body and also the epstein barr virus. so you can see i can't distinguish what brought it on but i believe they have all played thier part. started to see a rheumi in feb. for nodules on my hand knuckles. as he was taking a history asked me if anyone ever mentioned fibro to me. of course they hadn't. he felt i had 99% of the symptoms so began a process of outruling other diseases and making a dx. have outruled MS<RA< lupus. thyroid biopsy is being done tomorrow. cold nodules but blood work is fine even though nuclear scan tells that thyroid falls into the hypo range. cardiologist has outruled heart problems even though i have palps that make me crazy. meno has bee ruled out since i am 2 full years without a period and had no symptoms through it all.my rheumi has yet to confirm a dx but i think we both know that's what it is. i am at the point where i know i can live with all of this just have to make many liefestyle changes physically and mentally. my best to all and welcome to the newbies.

Closed Thread