It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User
Count Your Meds!!!

hey everyone, just a friendly reminder, when you pick your prescriptions up, especially pain pills that you know they wont hand out to you so easily, please count your meds as soon as you can. i came home, took 3 all day long, should have received 60 lortabs, at night when i was rearranging my bottles, for some reason i noticed that the bottle level wasnt where its usually at on the first day. since the pills are large they take up alot of room in the bottle and ive been taking them for years so guess i can sort of guesstimate the level. on a whim i decided to count them, there were 47 in there, when there should have been 57. i couldnt believe it, they had shorted me 10 tablets.
i counted and recounted to make sure and call the pharmacist, i was extremely nice and asked him that when they count or balance the numbers in the evening, if they had an extra 10 they were mine because i was shorted 10 tablets. he told me there was no way they could check (which really surprised me, theres no way to check, hmmm thats not right) , so he apologized and said i could come for the extra 10 tomorrow. i told him in all my years doing business i had never once called in for a shortness, (tho now come to think of it, there were times when i was short in meds, different ones, and just never did anything about it). he said they had really been making mistakes lately, especially in the last few weeks because they were extremely busy. had i not counted them, again i would have probably been shorted, then when it was time for a refill would have been told refill was too soon. so, i am picking my missing 10 tomorrow. so please just count your meds, they do make mistakes, theyre only human like everyone else and because of being overworked, or tired, or just plain human error,mistakes do get made.
Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Count Your Meds!!!

hi jen,
i agree. i have had the same experience. the pharmacy always corrects the error and are very nice about it. they shorted me 150 pills on my neurontin one time.
for sure count your meds and make sure you have the right bottles. i got someone elses once by mistake. as you say we are all human and errors happen. as it is our life it is our responsibility to be sure.
be well my friend. so nice to hear your lovely voice.
peace and love,
bluelakelady

Closed Thread