It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #1
(female)

darci2 HB User
Unhappy Could this be Narcolepsy?

I have some type of sleeping disorder, but I am having trouble with the Dr's.
They have me on Trazadone, which I just started taking 2 months ago. Itis helping me to sleep a little better,but that isn't the big problem. I have some kind of episodes where I fall asleep on the toilet in the middle of the day and didn't even think I was tired. I have many times walked to the kitchen or somewhere in my house and all of a sudden BOOM I hit the floor falling asleep or something. I have gotten in my car to go to work or when I get home from work and find out that when I parked my car I fell asleep. I had a car accident driving home from work, (did not feel tired!) and the next thing I know I'm bouncing off a parked car and took out three cars. My fiance thinks that I stay awake at night on purpose and if I would just go to bed at a decent time everything will be fine. My Dr's don't believe me or something, I don't know. I have been sent home from work twice in the last two months for apparently falling asleep in the middle of doing my job. This just happened on Wednesday. I was at work for 6 1/2 hours, everything was fine, then all of a sudden my manager had somebody else take over my job, took me in the back and told me my eyes got like glazed over and I was kind of wobbly and sent me home. I can't return to work until I get a clean bill of health from my Dr. But they just keep me off work for a week and send me back. Is this Narcolepsy do you think, or am I losing it? Brain tumor? Weird or what? I'm scared and don't know what to do. Plus on top of it I smoke and I don't want to burn me or anybody else up. Along with this problem I have Fibromyalgia, TMJ, Myofasial displasia and depression. Help me please!!!!!!!!
For my FM, I just started taking Hyaluronic Acid (HA). Has anybody tried this
for there pain and sleeping problems? Does it work?

Winnie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2006, 07:08 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Could this be Narcolepsy?

hi winnie,
welcome. ask for a sleep study if you have not had one yet. i take ambien at night along with benadryl. i also was losing chunks of time and unable to sleep at night. a few minutes here and there was the best i had for over 4 years.
shop around for a new doc. there are so many. i went thru 17. now i have 7 doctors who assist me. they work together and i am pleased with my care.
tell your manfriend to be gentle and refrain from deciding he knows what you need. if you don't how can he?
bless your boss for seeing you are not feeling well.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 09-10-2006, 01:32 PM   #3
(female)

Lost Robin HB User

Hi Winnie!

Oh my gosh! Reading your post was exactly like reading the post I wanted to write today!!!!

I have had the exact same symptoms for a few months now and I DO mean EXACT including waking up and finding myself sitting on the toilet!

Additionally, I have had close calls while I'm driving because I suddenly start dozing off, I have woken up sitting in my car in my driveway after returning home from the store or wherever, I have also woken up while standing in my kitchen in front of the cabinets with both hands holding the cabinet doors open and I didn't even remember getting out of my chair in the living room and had no idea why I was in the kitchen.

In addition to my episodes, I have MANY TIMES caught myself having a conversation with someone who wasn't even in the same room with me nor even in the house and in some cases the person I was talking to was deceased! I seem to at some point realize I must be in "La La Land" because I usually do remember everything looking dark and fuzzy and suddenly stopping myself and saying things OUT LOUD such as: "Oh, no one's even here" or shaking my head and saying something like "This is ridiculous" or "I'm sorry. I'm doing it again".

The episodes of falling asleep were certainly scarey enough but after I started talking to people who weren't even there along with my severe memory loss, terrible confusion and frequently feeling disoriented I began to believe I was losing my mind. Then recently, during my continued quest to find some answers, I, too, began to wonder if I have narcolepsy!!

Please don't misunderstand, I'm certainly not glad to know that you are having problems but I have to tell you it's almost a relief to know that someone else out there is having almost the exact same problems, except you didn't mention anything about your mind playing tricks on you such as mine has with these wierd episodes of imaginary discussions! '

I'd love to hear what else is going on with you if you feel like talking about it.

In any event, I sincerely hope that just knowing I'm out here sleeping on my toilet will help you not to worry so much!!!

Please take care of yourself ... Robin

Old 09-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Winnie,

Have these strange spells occurred only since you started on Trazadone, or did you have them before you went on that med?

Closed Thread