It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2006, 04:45 PM   #1
(female)

Kaye2003 HB User
Thanks April414, Charlyssa, ohsotired & Jenetti

Thanks guys for responding to my last post "Questions, please help! Your answers, opinions and advise really help my mental state.

Also, I would like to say that when I mentioned hurting less walking around the store than sitting on the couch, I was referring to the last few weeks for me. I'm normally a couch potatoe (I know, bad), but the last few weeks I have been painting the inside of our house. I seem to feel okay while I am painting and busy, but as soon as I sit down on the couch I feel terrible, especially the next day.

I've had fibro for a few years now and have been able to deal with it fairly well. I take elavil and ativan before I go to bed every night. I also stay on a heating pad every second I am sitting down. My husband seems to think the painting (which is way more activity than I'm use too) has caused this flare up.

This morning was my worse yet. I actually woke up in pain. My hips, back, sides, trunk area hurt so bad that it actually all most did me in just to turn over. I got up and practically bathed in Icy Hot and it did help some. (Does this help any of you?) I was at least able to walk around for awhile and then lay back down on a heating pad and get a little more rest.

You guys are really great being there to help. Thanks again,
God bless,
Kaye

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2006, 07:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Thanks April414, Charlyssa, ohsotired & Jenetti

hi kaye,
your dh is right. all this activity is no doubt bringing on the pain. don't stop tho. you will be in pain sitting or standing so get it done. then when you are flat out on your lovely heating pad you can look around you and say, yea i hurt, but look at my house!!!
i find a hot bath or shower does the most to loosen up my muscles after heavy use. i kayak and often overdo it. there is just so much to see out there on the water i forget i have to get back.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2006, 09:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User
Re: Thanks April414, Charlyssa, ohsotired & Jenetti

Hi kaye,
how are you doing hon? oh so glad we were able to answer some of your questions hon. please continue posting and letting us be here for you. we might not always have the right answer and we might just be as confused about it as you are , but one thing i will tell you, the people around here are WONDERFUL! they wont let you get down on yourself hon, these are beautiful ladies (and gentlemen lol) who totally understand what youre going thru. we can share each others struggles AND we can also share in each others joys and helpful hints.
psssst:theres a lovely lady here who daily dances on her lovely toes, and sometimes, sometimes we get to join her , shes an angel lol, and never lets us take ourselves too seriously. which is great, cause we have sooo many good things in our life still, to still have joy and love and peace.

Closed Thread