It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2006, 09:41 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
I've been doing all the right things but....

It seems I was doing so well, so glad to have part of my life back. Finally able to work lightly in the evenings on my gardens and pond then WHAM! My left knee, hip, and neck are burning and just short of agony depending on how I move. This stinks. I take my meds, working on the sleeping thing even though they have added a stimulant due to adult ADD brought on by brain trauma. I take it easy when I feel the need, but I guess feeling so good I got used to it. Boo, hiss, boo.....and a big SIGH. Sometimes I think it is worse to feel so good and crash backwards with the pain than to find a happy medium. This viewpoint is because I have been both places. I don't want to go to the knee doctor even though I know I have torn meniscus and it is inflamed again. I have had too many knee surgeries and I just don't think I can handle another right now. Well I guess I have vented now, thanks for reading....lol. A lot of family and relationship, and former relationship melodrama going on which of course does not help. I like a quiet life personally, which is why I chose to live in a small quiet town. Can't seem to escape that stress though! I hope all the other fibromites around here are hanging in there. I read most of the posts, but have not responded lately. Just know everyone is in my thoughts and prayers!
Mim

Old 09-06-2006, 06:51 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: I've been doing all the right things but....

hi mim,
the slide back is a hard one. you will get the hang of it. in time you see the windows of energy as a gift and the rest is just your life. the balance has to be maintained. time for you and time for fibro.
ah, family. what can i say? i set healthy boundaries and told my family about it. they have been so kind in respecting me. they protect me from stresses i can do nothing about. they gently tell me of the things i have a right to know as a member of our family. i had to start the change. i had to teach my family so that they would be able to help me help myself. they are so kind to shift their mindset when i am around.
perhaps you can do the same thing. i too live in a quiet place, for the same reason. too much input overloads us and we are weakened by it.
be well my dear friend. so nice to see your shining face here. missed ya.
love,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2006, 05:10 PM   #3
(male)

HisKid1973 HB User

Hey Mim. Good to see you..I just spent about 4-5 days out of commission after i spent a couple hours a day over 3 days painting around the roof edge on my mobile home..You wake with that fluish/run over by a truck feeling and have enough to make it out of bed, get a bowl of cereal and crash in the recliner for the day..Thank God my SSDI went through...How are you making out with SS? Btw I am in a quiet 55+ mobile home park..Great for them days when your up most of the night ,then sleep till noon..God Bless..Kim

Old 09-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

Hi Blue and Kim, glad to hear from you both. That is great that SS worked out for you Kim. I am having to resubmit State Dis. Ret. B/c I used black ink, not blue. SIGH....Still waiting to hear for SSDI, still have one more piece of paperwork for LTD should be able to get the paperwork done at doc's tomorrow. I hate that fluish feeling we seem to get after overdoing it. Add some burn and strain and we are all ready for a party.....LOL. Gee actually that sounds like a Richard Simmons workout....hee hee. Anyway, glad you found a nice, quiet community. Homebase is a saving grace for us all! Hang in there, and thanks for your responses!!
Mim

Closed Thread