It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
(female)

3leafclover HB User
looking at a new bed-- what is best for fybro?

Our bed is old and we are looking at buying a new bed. There are SO many out there-- inner coil springs, memory foam-don't like these, pillow tops, simmons, sealy..... does anyone have any recommendations for a good bed to help with the aches and pains in the morning and better sleep at night. There is a close out sell in town, so any advice soon would be GREATLY appreciated. THANKS!!!

Old 09-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #2
(female)

Mora HB User
Re: looking at a new bed-- what is best for fybro?

My best advice is...lay down on every one they have!!! My husband and I went to Sleepy's and we did just that. We choose a really firm Sterns and Foster mattress that "cracked" my back as soon as I laid on it! LOL I said to my husband this is the one. Its helped my back a ton. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #3
(female)

AtlantaBlue HB User

I am also in need of a new mattress, and was wondering if anyone would recommend the Tempur-pedic foam mattress. I know they are very expensive, but would mortgage my house if they are helpful.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:58 PM   #4
(male)

HisKid1973 HB User

I got a single craftsmatic bed at a thrift shop for $130...I the head jacked up about 8 "..I have a
3" memory foam on top of the bed. The first night on that I ached so bad when I awoke...I took a sleep pill and I think I fell asleep and sunk in the foam and stayed in that position..I have a comfortable bed yet as all fibromites know no matter how comfortable the bed or drug used, you just don't sleep well many nights..God Bless..Kim

Old 09-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #5
(female)

April414 HB User

I love my Sleep Number bed. I would hurt anyone that tried to get rid of it. Depending on what area hurts at the time on how much, I just adjust my side to firmer or softer. I'd recommend that bed to anyone. I understand they have a couple n, I guess newer styles too, one that adjusts like a hospital bed and one that also massages and maybe also has heat, but not sure about that part.

Old 09-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hiya all,

Just to say that if any of you have a real bad back, please don't buy an orthopaedic mattress - advice given to me many moons ago by my physiotherapist. They are fine if you don't have a back or spinal problem, but if you do to start with, these mattresses can cause you so much pain and prevent you from resting and sleeping. Vicious cycle then lack of rest, more pain.

I have a good firmish base mattress and I also have a tempur type mattress topper, and I think it is so good. I cannot see the need personally for a full tempur mattress, as you only sleep on the top, so why pay all that money ? Maybe buy two mattress toppers, they aren't all that expensive - well mine wasn't anyway.

Only my own thoughts on this.

Take care

goldenwings

Old 09-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #7
(female)

Oachyme HB User

I am a newbie, but am a 20 year "survivor" of FMS. Had a good Serta foam mattress the last 15 yrs, just purchased a higher end Sleep Number. Mostly due to spouse needing something firm and my needing something softer. Not as impressed as I thought I would be -- but it's like the condition of me, not the mattress. I have several other coexisting conditions, so that plays into the pain. But it's okay and better than anything else I tested.

Would never get an all tempur pedic mattress -- slept on one at a motel and it was awful! Very solid feeling, dense and not forgiving to my sore places, unfortunately.

Hope this is helpful.

Closed Thread