It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User
So much leg pain....

Hi all:

Still on my quest for a diagnosis, but I just had a question for you all. I have severe low back pain/leg pain. I've had tons of tests done and no one knows why. Anyways--my question is--do any of you suffer from extreme leg or low back pain? It gets so bad sometimes I can barely walk.-the pain is in my whole leg--both of them. I can't tell if it's muscular or bone related--i've never been in this much pain before. If you do, is it worse in the mornings, during the day, night time? Also, what do you do to help the pain?

Thanks for your help.
schao

Old 09-07-2006, 01:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sunshine15325 HB User
Re: So much leg pain....

I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and my legs hurt all the time, I also have knees that are going out on me. I wanted to know if anyone has heard of taking neurotin for fibro pain. someone from a group told me they take that for pain.?

thanks for any replies.

sunshine15325

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2006, 07:52 AM   #3
(female)

arlo2007 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine15325
I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and my legs hurt all the time, I also have knees that are going out on me. I wanted to know if anyone has heard of taking neurotin for fibro pain. someone from a group told me they take that for pain.?

thanks for any replies.

sunshine15325

Old 09-08-2006, 08:07 AM   #4
(female)

arlo2007 HB User

I also have a lot of leg pain and backpain. I had a MRI yesterday, and I'm going to see a neurologist in 2 weks. The leg and back are so bad I had to go to PM Dr. He gave me percocet and soma. It takes the edge off but thats all. The pain is really really bad. I do have DDD of the lumbar spine but it never affected my entire legs,just siatica.
Let me know how the rest of you get along. I'll keep in touch.

Old 09-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

stick2013 HB User

I too had leg and back pain. The pain in my leg felt like a gnawing, deep ache. I went for a year like that. I tried everything. Heat, Ice, massage, Chiropractor, vicodin, soma, stretching, and went to P.T. per Dr instruction. I finallly demanded an MRI, and I have arthritis, slightly bulging disc's L3, L4, & L5, and a bone spur on L5. Neuro did a nerve test on legs, and I had moderate nerve damage in my left leg. I had to have several Epidural Steroid injections in my lower back. Last one was in June. I have ben postponing the next one because I know that steroid injections are NOT good for backs. It eats away at the tissue, and bone. So far I can deal with the pain.....

Hope that you feel better soon.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #6
(female)

tweiler HB User

I was just diagnosed in June and I have severe leg pain. Sometimes my legs hurt so bad that it feels like my legs are broken and I can't bear to have any weight or anything on them. Sometimes it is so localized it is only my left big toe. For me it feels like it is in the bones but so far the rheumy won't give me anything for apin. However, my reg dr listened to me about my symptoms, especially the migraines. She knows I have a 7 yr old and I can't afford to be put out by a pain med. She wanted to give me Imitrex for the migraines but after I told her how much it would cost me monthly and that I couldn't afford to buy it, she gave me something she knew was available as a generic. She gave me a Rx for Midrin and some samples of Maxalt.

Neither dr can tell me why my legs hurt so bad sometimes. And I can't find any type of pattern as to when I feel the severe pain.

Closed Thread