It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2006, 11:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
sleeping long hours

I am pretty sure now I don't have fibro-but, now that I am out of school and working eves (plus on my feet all eve) I am sleeping 12-14 hrs a night. I get home from work around MN and stay up til two-ish, then sleep nearly til 2 the next day. I am still tired when I wake up. I have had back surgery, have PF and some minor arthritis (I am 28). I have to take Ultram 100mg at three pm then another 100mg at 6 or so just to make it through my eve at work. If I forget to take it, I am basically floored and everything aches and I feel run down. After I take my med, I feel like a new person. I don't really hurt during work, regardless of how much walking I do ( I wish I could disclose my line of work, but I cannot, it would help explain better). Anyway, I FEEL fine and I don't FEEL tired. BUt, could I be anyway and just not really know it? Can my body tell I am worn out even if physically and mentally I don't think so? Does this make sense? Is this why I sleep so long? I did just switch schedules a month ago and just three weeks of full eves. Is it pain I can't feel that is fatiguing me????
I am also bummed out that it takes the Ultram to have a normal day. It has on a few occassions made me throw up though,and that worries me. I am thrilled I found amed that isn't a narc, but still frustrated. I can start my day w/o it but need it to finish. Or I feel like a car hit me and I get so tired, especially if I am on my feet for all day incl at work.
I get woken up a lot in the am too, don't know if that matters. from hubby waking up, dog waking up, cats in and out of the room, mom's parrot squaking and the other one talking, the other dogs barking the phone ringing..... ah-I need a coccoon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread