It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
more tests, ain't life fun?

greetings dear family,
been keeping my mouth shut. had another mri done last friday. seems i have a wee growth in my bladder along with crystals in my urine and another infection, so they ordered the full monty. i will find out, i hope, tomorrow if cancer is my newest playmate.
having been thru this before i am not freaking. told my mom today this growing old stuff sure is bizarre. told her we oldies may as well invest in vaseline stock since we seem to spend an inordinate amount of time being probed and prodded. cracked her up and got her mind off the wee growth within.
no worries, kay? will let you all know when i know.
buckets of love and a jar of vaseline, giggle,
blue

Old 09-11-2006, 02:00 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

stick2013 HB User
Re: more tests, ain't life fun?

Hi Blue,

Things will be ok, just keep up the wonderful attitude that you have. You are a terrific person. I will say some prayers, and keep you in my thoughts...

Hang in there, and let us know......You are an

Sid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2006, 03:28 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

thanks sid,
can't imagine anything that could take my attitude away, giggle. thank you for raising your voice up on my behalf. kind and generous.
letcha know when i know.
peace and love,
blue

Old 09-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

So sorry to hear about your latest health challenge. Sure hope the news will be good. You are in my thoughts and prayers. i'm sure whatever it is you will rally to the cause. If it's any help ...my grandmother had many bladder cancers removed and died in her rocking chair at 97yrs old of heart failure. ..so whatever the outcome of the tests ...you hang in there!!!!
Kat...

Last edited by kathryn+2; 09-11-2006 at 05:43 PM.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:30 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

thanks kat,
i have every intention of sticking around to bug ya'all. giggle. you were fortunate to have your grandmother for so many years. a funny part of me knows i will be 96 when my card comes due. thank you for adding your voice on my behalf.
expect to find out this am. it is such a lovely morning here. i can smell autumn on the breeze and these old bones say change is in the air.
hope your fibro is behaving. yours can always join mine in the tropics.
peace and love,
bluelakelady

Old 09-12-2006, 07:29 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

oh bluelady, know that you have my prayers hon, and you have beaten so many things that have come your way hon, and done so with dignity and laughter, never allowing yourself to get so hindered by what comes your way that you forget to dance. im praying the news is good hon. but just in case its not, know that with your spirit and your strenght this thing will be beaten too. you will trod and pounce over it, till it gets out of your way. its not going to know what hits it! and we'll be right here hon, holding your hand, all the way, no matter what comes your way. youre a beautiful loving spirit hon, and you are an inspiration and an angel to all of us. you have shown me , that i dont have to be afraid of fibro and that i can laugh in its face and if it wants to live with me, it will have to know that i wont lay down and just submit to it. but that i can live with the ups and downs of it, and still find the strenght and courage to smile and find joy in my life. we are here for you sweetie. all the way.
Jen

Old 09-12-2006, 07:44 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

wow! thank you jen.
i simply do not know what to say. when the word cancer pops into my mind, as it does a bit, i hear myself say, i can do that. my little voice within says it is endometriosis (sp?). 22 years ago i had a hysterectomy due to endo. back then the doc said he thought he got it all. we shall see. not wasting time trying to second guess it all. waste of energy.
dear fibro is vacationing, blessings come.
giggle, something tells me the creator is heaing the word blue alot. that is such a nice feeling.
thank you girlfriend.
peace and love, healing thru laughter,
bluelakelady

Old 09-12-2006, 05:44 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

hiya fam,
got results. no masses in my body. still have to remove the wee growth and biopsy it to rule out cancer. still good news. no understanding for the crystals in my urine or reoccuring infections.
saw the bone doc. new stuff there. mri for left knee on the 22nd. osteoarthritis, no cartliage and degenterative joint something. will start gel injections in my right knee the end of this month. one each week for 3 weeks. should help with the pain and lubricate my joint. got a steroid shot today. also have cheloids (sp?) scar tissue at the surgery sites. massage will fix that.
thanks for all your kind thoughts. what i have i can do. still need the peace of mind the biopsy will provide. will push that next week when i go in. gonna use my aging mom worries bit. giggle.
love you all,
blue

Old 09-13-2006, 02:32 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

stick2013 HB User

Blue things will be ok, I just know that they will. You have to many friends here praying for you. You have to keep up that positive, happy attitude that you so often share with us.

Hang in there, keep us posted, and have a great day.....

Sending hugs and well wishes,

Sid

Old 09-13-2006, 05:55 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

thanks sid,
yesteday was my day of mourning the loss of another aspect of my freedom. today i am back in my, i can do this, space. sure glad i can mourn one day and be content with it all.
i know it will all be fine. there is still so much to look ahead to. knowing you are all here sending prayer, meditation and love is an inspiriation to me. how lovely it is to have such a loving family here. truly i am blessed and humbled by all of your caring.
love,
blue

Old 09-13-2006, 08:54 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Blue I pray for you everynight, even though I don't get to the boards as often as I want to, I knew those prayers were for something. I had been feeling your dancing for a while and then felt a sudden change now I know why. You were so there for me during bravemans problems and I know you still are but now let me be there for you, while you divert your energy and goodness inward to heal yourself.

I will go to the mountain and for you I will talk to the birds and have them bring health and healing to you on their majic wings. I will ask them to swoop down through the forest and gather all the healing magic from the other animals and bring it all to you, their good friend.

Things will be ok, this is just another one of those annoying 'as we get older' kind on things. I know you have the attitude to keep going and anytime you need it, you just pull from my energy thanks to you I have plenty to spare.

Take care my friend and I will check in often to see how things are going. So keep me posted I need to know you are here and ok.

Love
Glojer

Old 09-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

hi glojer,
not to worry. i will be blabbing here till time ends in the universe, giggle.
thank you for going to the mountain on my behalf. nature carries wonderous magic.
now i know why i found a feather just outside my slider in my bedroom under the porch cover. from you to them to me.
actually i am doing better right now. finally got out the old heating pad and wrapped my wee knee in it and went to sleep. blessed sleep. quiet for the mind, good for the body. i have a girlfriend coming for a few days. bless her i know she will understand a step up to the plate. now to get the food in the house so she can wreak holy havoc in my kitchen, giggle.
yes, for now the dance must come to an end. only for a bit till the gel shots are helping, then watch out world. within my mind i dance only it is not the same energy i had just a few ago.
when it is needed it will return. for now a mini fibro flare is banging on the front door. when it mellows out and goes round to the back door and knocks softly i will let it in, giggle. yea right! one can dream, yes?
come when you can. know that all is well within, where it counts most. how is my dear friend braveman doing? thought of him and you yesterday while i was playing the waiting game by the phone. knew i could do it.
love you,
blue

Old 09-14-2006, 03:31 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Blessed friends, I don't know what I would do without mine. If they are not coming over to fix my leaking faucets, they are coming to sit and wait for the A/C repairman and any other number of things. So glad you have someone to rumble around in your kitchen!

Braveman is in a downturn right now, went to the oncologist for the anemia shots today and will go to the PCP tomorrow to see what is causing the fevers and nosebleeds. Had to bypass PT today he just didn't have the energy. That is why I will have friends sitting at my house waiting for the A/C repairman tomorrow. Always something going on but I look on the bright side at least the worst part of summer is over and we can survive until tomorrow with just fans, it cools down in the evening this time of year.

Always think positive about those fibrobuddies coming to the backdoor, let them know the welcome mat has been taken away for them. I have just been getting back to exercise and scaring the heck out of my fibrobuddies with all the activity, but will have to miss tomorrow. I always have the treadmill if I can get up early enough

Give your friend a gentle hug and tell her thanks from this St. Louie gal for taking care of our blue.

Glojer

Old 09-20-2006, 04:55 AM   #14
Facilitator
(female)

hi kids,
went to the urologist yesterday. still infected. have a test to go thru next week to see if there is a bowel bladder connection. as in they are connected and that is why air is coming out of my urethra. rather a nasty little test. a must do tho.
soon as the infection is cleared up we will go inside again to see that wee polyp. if it is small enough they will remove it then. if not i will have to be sedated for the biopsy. so, more time, more antibiotics, and more gentle hugs for my insides.
mri showed some stuff i will follow up with my g.p. on. calcification of the distal abdominal aorta and bilateral common iliac arteries. also a problem with L-5, sacralization, whatever that is? much to look up on the net. later.
all my interal organs are good. appendix a bit enlarged but no sign of a problem there. bet mine was always bigger, brag, brag!
there you have it. sheesh! hey glojer, how is braveman doing today? sure thought of him alot last weekend on the mountain. everything okay?
love,
blue

Old 09-21-2006, 08:48 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Boy blue they sure have your insides all figured out!!!! I know they are beautiful, cause it is what's on the inside that counts!!

Braveman has pnuemonia, isn't that grand! He has had fevers everyday for a week or more. Wakes up that way and then breaks out in a terrible sweat and then the fever breaks. He has been given a strong antibiotic but he just doesn't have an immune system to fight off anything. Poor guy he is so 'sick' of being SICK.

I on the other hand had a wonderful day yesterday. I had the opportunity to go to the botanical gardens with our friends. We spent the whole day there it was wonderful. Braveman didn't wake up with a fever just so I could get away for a few hours wasn't that nice of him. Our DIL checked on him and I of course called a couple times to make sure he was ok. He spent the day watching sports, I left him plates and plates of food and he ate whenever he wanted and my 'crabby' 'snappy' self was not here to nag him about all things medical he needs. I don't know who needed it more him or me!!!

So blue have you discovered why our bodies decide to turn on us after 50? It seems our plumbing and the surrounding area always seems to want to talk back to us some how.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted on how you are doing I know how annoying all those tests can be. I get the colonoscopy in Oct. hoping for good results from that. Your tests seem a little more as you say 'nasty' I will pray all goes well. Hope what you find on the net from your MRI is 'not so bad' stuff. I will post when I can.

Glojer

Closed Thread