It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 02:43 PM   #1
(male)

Kalyfrans HB User
Leg & Arm Pain

This is my first go on this website, so I hope I am doing it right. I have chronic leg & arm pain - 4 years duration. Started out with hemalytic anemia (possible lymphoma) & was traeted with chemo drugs to shock immune system. Anemia cleared up, but leg pains continue. Have had every test run imaginable - no definative diagnosis. Have tried dozens of meds, including neurotin, all of the restless leg drugs, etc. Narcotics do stop the pain for a few hours, but it returns. I use a walking stick to relieve pressure on my legs, which helps, but is no solutuion. Pain sometimes cause me to fall. My pain doc is reluctant to prescribe any more narcotics without a diagnosis. Any suggestions?

Old 09-12-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Leg & Arm Pain

welcome kal,
chemo changes the body forever. i assume you have a cancer doctor you can return to? if so that would be a good place to start. i help people with cancer. chemo is a big gun and it always exacts a price. quality of life is altered.
most of the cancer survivors i know say their life is not what it was. some say it is worth it, others not.
have you seen a rheumatologist yet? i would go thru every type of doc i could to find an answer. sometimes tho the answer is, you must learn to live with it. you are a strong spirit. you went thru chemo, you can do anything!!
again i welcome you here. if you have fibro a rheumy will be able to diagnose it. you did not say if you do so i assume you are searching for answers.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2006, 11:21 AM   #3
(male)

Kalyfrans HB User

You are correct. I am searching. I have read everything there is to read about thechemo drugs I took. I do not regret for 1 second having gone thru the treatment, as if I hadn't, I wouldn't be here, but I firmly believe that the chemo, specifically, Vincristine, is what is causing my problems now. HOWEVER, the cancer docs don't like to consider this fearing a malpractice suit, even after I told them I would sign a waiver in front of God saying I would not even consider such thing. But how do I prove it? I am willing to live like this with a little help with pain relief.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi kal,
sometimes we simply have to walk away knowing what we know to be our truth and let the doctors believe what they must in order to keep doing what they do. they do not like to talk about the fallout effects later in life. vincristine, ouch.
it is so nice to be able to do your own research into your health. love this little machine.
do you have a hot tub you can use? i have osteoarthritis and degenerative bone disease in both knees and find this the best therapy for when the pain jumps off the cliff. heat is my bestest friend, giggle. just had another injection in my knee today and will start gel injections later this month. ah, age. ain't it grand! yet every day when my eyes open i am delighted to be here. ya know?
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 09-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User

Hi Kal,

I have lots of leg pain too. And I'm just like you the narcotics take away the pain a little bit for a few hours, but then it comes right back. Did you actually have lymphoma? Or was it b/c you were anemic that you got chemo? I'm a little confused--just wondering though.
Hot baths help me while I'm in there, but as soon as I get out the pain is back. Do you have your pain all day and night, or is it worse day or night?
Lately, mine has been better during the day, but worse at night. Sometimes it flip-flops though, and sometimes I'm in pain all day and night. I've had every test imagineable--and nothing comes up (which really is a good thing), but I would like a reason for my pain ya know?

Have a good day!
schao

Old 09-19-2006, 07:11 AM   #6
(male)

Kalyfrans HB User

Thanks for the reply, Schao.......... Lymphoma or not? Never was sure, but my blood counts were dropping so fast they didn't want to wait for a confirmed diagnosis; hence, started chemo & took care of the problem. Hot baths hep me too, for 2-3 minutes afterwards! My biggest problem at hand is that the pain doc will not continue with any narcotics without a diagnosis. 18 weeks in the hospital & 100 doctors should have been able to come up with something....you'd think. At least a syndrone of some type. I can endure as it is, but with no pain meds, I can't promise that, & don't know how I can be effective at work.

Closed Thread