It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #1
(female)

buddy100 HB User
Anyone have intestinal pain?

Just wanted to know if anyone has intestinal pain along with their Fibro? I have just gone thru some good tests on the intestines because of the pain I have had since my last flare-up in January. I find it hard to sleep on my right side because of the pain inside, and hard to sleep on the left side because of heart problems and hard to sleep on my back because of the Fibro. WOW....how does a person EVER get any good sleep.
Please let me know about the pain in your insides. I could use some help to know how far I should push this issue with my dr.
Thanks

Old 09-12-2006, 03:11 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

stick2013 HB User
Re: Anyone have intestinal pain?

What test have you had done???? Alot of people with Fibro suffer with I.B.S. which can be somewhat annoying, with discomfort. I myself have diverticulosis, and have had many flare ups that go into diveticulitis, which is painful, but cleared up with antibiotics.

With Fibro........ I don't doubt anytihng!!!! It is the strangest condition, with the weirdest symptoms. Sleep............. WHAT'S THAT????? Now had you mentioned tossing & turning, looking at the clock, watching T.V. in the middle of the night, pacing the floors, heating pads, and ice packs I would have known what you were talking about.... No we don't get much sleep, and that's the one thing that we all share with this wonderful condition. We are ALL sleep deprived.

I do hope that you can figure out what's going on with you, get some answers, and maybe some sleep.

Let us know,

Sid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2006, 08:00 AM   #3
(female)

buddy100 HB User

Hi Sid: Actually I have gone thru a colonoscopy yesterday and they said all was well. They have tried their "cocktail" which is lanicaine and Malox which doesn't help. I have pain in my "insides" everyday and they say it's not the Fibro....then I just wonder what it is. Can't think of another test to ask for except maybe an ultrsound. Wonder if that would help.
I do know,tho, during flare-ups that my tummy hurts terrible. And when I do use the bathroom, I call it "graphical designs" if you get the picture.
Thanks for your reply

Old 09-12-2006, 08:12 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi buddy,
ask your doctor to prescribe belladonna for you. this helps me so, so much when that special pain comes. i have had all the tests too. fun aren't they?
push this to the limit with your doc. always question.
belladonna is an intenstinal relaxer. i do not get high or feel different. just alot better. works within an hour and usually stops the cycle for a bit.
ain't it all bizarre?
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 09-12-2006, 08:23 AM   #5
(female)

buddy100 HB User

Hi Bluelakelady: Can you tell me the dose of bella donna? I take it in the natural form but don't know how much to take. Maybe you can help me out. AND just wanted you to know, I do not have IBS. Used to, but take good care of myself and don't experience that anymore...Thank the Lord.
Thanks for your reply
Will wait for your answer
Mary

Old 09-12-2006, 09:50 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi mary,
i will have to look in my herbal books for the answer. i get it in prescription form. it is belladonna/phenobarb and the bottle does not list the mg.s, of course.
i have to run out to yet another doc. my knee surgeon today. then i am off to work on a piece i am carving.
got it. could not wait. powdered leaves 1 to 2 grains. powdered root 1 to 5 grains. fluid extract leaves 1 to 3 drops. tincture 5 to 15 drops. be very careful with it as it is also a poision if you take too much. the roots contain the most, leaves less and fruit least of all. if you are growing it do not touch the plant if you have cuts or abrasions on your hands. it was said that belladonna was used to poision the troops of marcus antonius during the parthian wars. so have a care, please.
hope that helps you.
peace,
blue

Old 09-12-2006, 10:09 AM   #7
(female)

buddy100 HB User

Hi again Bluelakelady:
I have it in pellet form. I take 3..2x a day. Do you think that is ok? That is what is recommended on the bottle.
Thanks again
Mary

Old 09-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

hi mary,
you may need to increase your dose a bit if you are not getting relief. maybe go to 4 in the morning and stick with 3 for your second dose. if you have a good health store or better yet a local herbal school you can contact them. i studied herbal medicine. the bottles always recommend the least dose possible as they do not want anyone to o.d. and be sued.
i know when i have intense intestinal pain and cave in and take 2 they make me very sleepy. remember tho mine is not the pure plant. it is extracted and added to, which will make a difference in effecacy.
look up evening nightshade, as it is belladonnas origin, on the net. the plant, not the other stuff you will find.
a good set of books, there are 2, is "a modern herbal" by mrs. m. grieve. they are old school and full of information.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 09-12-2006, 07:36 PM   #9
(female)

buddy100 HB User

Hi to you, Bluelakelady AND thank you. Don't spend alot of time on the board, but will watch for your posting and check out what you know about herbs, etc. I sure could use the knowledge.
Thanks again
Mary

Old 09-13-2006, 06:05 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

hi mary,
hope my answer helped you. let me know if you notice a change in your pain level. do you have another question regarding herbs? if so i would be most happy to look it up in my books.
the study of herbs was the first step in taking charge of my body and health. i loved it and learned so much. second step, the actual growning, harvesting and making of my own tinctures has done more to restore my joy than anything. well, years of therapy helped too, giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady
ps. have you had time to check out the author and books i offered up to help you help yourself? remember it is always we who are responsible for our healing. your path may be different, but the result is the same. empowerment.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:44 AM   #11
(female)

buddy100 HB User

Bluelakelady: I don't have time right now to study the things you suggested, but I will keep this post and in the near future will do all I can. Thanks for your help.
Mary

Old 09-13-2006, 06:56 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

hi mary,
i do have the time so if you have any further questions i would be happy to do some homework for you.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 09-13-2006, 10:25 AM   #13
(female)

buddy100 HB User

Bluelakelady: You are so kind. I can't sit too long at the pc because of the pain in my eyes and the good ol' Fibro. It would be nice if you could tell me what you take to ease your pain. Maybe that would be the first helpful thing. Also I have Sjogren's Syndrome. Maybe you would know something about dry mouth and eyes. Sure could use help in that area also.
Thanks so much
Mary

Old 09-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #14
Facilitator
(female)

hi mary,
there are natural mouth and eye moisturisers. i find anise seed promotes saliva and freshens breath. sour things will prompt both eyes and mouth to secrete. i eat sour candies.
as for the herb i use for pain now i cannot say that here. in the beginning i used kava kava tincture as well as valerian root tincture, both of which i made myself. it is easy and much less expensive. also you put your request within the tincture each time you shake it. takes 30 days to make tincture and must be shaken many times a day. i used to make a gallon at a whack, lasted me about a year and at 1/100th the cost. you can buy the bulk herbs at a natural food store. i have an organic co-op near me. you can also buy it in the stores. double the dose tho or you will feel you wasted your money. valerian will help with muscle relaxing, kava kave pain.
peace,
bluelakelady
always glad to help. feel free to ask.

Old 09-13-2006, 02:54 PM   #15
(female)

buddy100 HB User

Hi again Bluelakelady AND thanks so much for your time and knowledge. I didn't know valerin was used for muscle. I use it for anxiety. (Valerin Root) Can you tell me how much to use? I use the tincture. AND how much anise seed?
But thanks so much for this
Mary

Last edited by moderator2; 09-14-2006 at 06:51 AM.

Closed Thread