It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 07:26 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
WHAT is going on here!?

Okay, real quick off my last amitriptyline thread. It definantly has been making me feel better and the drowsy affects are slowly wearing off, so that's good.

Well, anyway, about a week ago I woke up from my nap with a 101.6 fever. Not so weird. I didn't have any other symptoms though. Only the fever and the fever muscle aches (you know, the ones not related to FM . . . the kind you just get when you have a fever.) Well, anyway, I just kept up with my fever for awhile, but it significantly lessened. For several days it was a low grade fever (99.8ish-100.3ish) and it didn't affect me too much but I still felt like I had a fever. Then a couple days ago it spiked up a little bit again to about 101ish then after my nap it was a low grade fever again. As of now, it is STILL a low grade fever. *sigh* This isn't, like, normal for me or anything. My mom didn't seem to have any suggestions, you know, just wait and see.

Now, I checked side affects for amitriptyline and none of them are fever or anything, so it's not that, which I didn't think it was anyway, but you know.

So, I pretty much have a fever, fever-related muscle aches, and fever-related sleepiness. (which, I can tell the difference b/w fever-related and fm-related even though some people think you can't) So, uh, more than anything I guess, it's just plain annoying.

Anyone get this? Or have thoughts or anything?

Am I overlooking something?

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2006, 08:02 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: WHAT is going on here!?

hi girl,
believe it or not it is fibro related. at least mine is. i go down, to 95 then it slowly comes back up. our bodies are temperature sensitive. sometimes we create our own thermal climate. dear sweet fibro.
i agree the feeling is different for the normal fibro aches. i become weak and lethargic and cold cold cold. used to freak me out. not anymore. once in a while i go up and get that fluish feeling without having the flu.
always go see your doc and be sure you do not have an infection anywhere that needs attention.
hang in there kiddo. let me know what you decide to do and what your doc says. a blood test will be easy and provide you with an answer or at the least peace of mind, knowing you have discovered yet another facet of fibro.
peace and love,
bluelakelady

Old 09-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi Godsgirl, I agree with blue. Go see your doc when you get the chance and have some blood work done. Be sure your thyroid is in good working order and make sure you don't have any other autoimmune things going on. Fevers can be a part of another autoimmune disease called lupus. You also could just have a slight infection somewhere. Hang in there I get that feverish thing also and I know it is part of fibro.

How is school and how is your mom doing?

Glojer

Old 09-13-2006, 12:49 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User

Well, my titer when they tested me for lupus was 1:32. He called that negative, but I know that is positive though very very low. I'm supposed to be retested annually but it has been slightly over a year b/c I've changed doctors and it's been all crazy with starting college and my mom in the accident.

So, you both think blood work? I'll talk to my mom when I go home in about a week and a half and see what she things, especially if this doesn't stop by then.

Any other questions, comments, concerns, ideas welcome!

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Last edited by GodsGirl4ever06; 09-13-2006 at 08:07 PM.

Closed Thread