It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #1
(female)

ajtesto3 HB User
in soo much pain!!!

hello all fibro sufferers-
my name is amy, ive left threads on here before, but this is just an update of how things are going in my life lately. well the pain seems like its just getting worse everyday. im sooo stiff in the mornings and in soo much pain that i just sit and cry. i have 2 children that r in school, and im so bad that i had to have the bus pick them up right in front of my house, cause i couldnt walk them down to the bus pick up. and i have a 7 month old son that im having troubles taking care of, i have alot of help from friends and family, which is a blessing. im taking vicodin and a new anti imflammatory pill, and neither one are doing anything for me. the vicodin takes the edge off a lil bit, but im still in soo much pain, i cant stand to walk around stores anymore, im good for abotu 20 minutes then i have to sit down, and it dont help when im overweight. i tried to get on ssi, not for the fibro, but other reasons, cause i cant stand up and keep a job. but i got denied, so now i have to try to appeal it, which isnt gonna be fun. anyone taking anything thats helping them? please let me know. i cant take baths anymore cause when i get out i have to go on my knees to get up and it kills me to be on my knees, so now i have to take showers. i pray that this goes away, ive had my church pray that god heals me, which i know of people who had gotten healed from it, i know in his time he will make a miracle in my life!!! i just have to keep believing it. well god bless all of you!!!! amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
(female)

Lauramom2 HB User
Re: in soo much pain!!!

Hi Amy,
I am sorrry for your troubles. I am close behind you. I have not even been diagnosed with anything. But I feel your pain. I wish someone would at least tell me what is wrong with me.
I wanted to tell you to get an attorney for disability. They work for you until you win then they get paid. Don't do this without one. You shouldn't pay them for anything until you win.
My God bless you and bring us both a miracle.
Laura

Old 09-16-2006, 05:05 AM   #3
(female)

janet1955 HB User

Amy:
I hear you! In fact, I'm feeling your pain right now! I take Lyrica - that has really helped - but I, too, am very stiff and often can barely walk especially in the a.m.
One of the best places I've gone for information is ****pedia because it is always being updated by people around the world. And some of those people are very prominent in the field only they write anonomously.
I relatively new to fibro - 6 months or so - although I have been suffering for years, and I happen to have a gifted rheum. He tells me what it is NOT, and that list may surprise you. I'm also on Lyrica and just getting off of Cymbalta.
So check out ****pedia and let me know.
I am thinking about you...

Old 09-16-2006, 09:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Hi Amy,

If your meds aren't helping much, you need to explain that to your doc. There are different meds and/or treatments that can be tried.

Best wishes.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

builder HB Userbuilder HB User

I am also getting worse. Sometimes I can't sleep because of a combination of pain and the feeling like my nerves are crawling under my skin. Sometimes its hard to even get dressed in the morning because I am so stiff. I've been on Tramadol for two years now and I think I've immuned to it. it worked wonders for me in the beginning but not anymore. I have to keep increasing the does or mix it with Advil or Tylonel. I don't know where to go from here. Vicodin barely takes the edge off. Do I see a pain management doctor for something stronger? I have tried morphine patches but they got me sick. I read where some Fibro patients are being give Methadone to kill the pain.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:14 AM   #6
(male)

ohsotired HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstarre
I am also getting worse. Sometimes I can't sleep because of a combination of pain and the feeling like my nerves are crawling under my skin. Sometimes its hard to even get dressed in the morning because I am so stiff. I've been on Tramadol for two years now and I think I've immuned to it. it worked wonders for me in the beginning but not anymore. I have to keep increasing the does or mix it with Advil or Tylonel. I don't know where to go from here. Vicodin barely takes the edge off. Do I see a pain management doctor for something stronger? I have tried morphine patches but they got me sick. I read where some Fibro patients are being give Methadone to kill the pain.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:27 AM   #7
(male)

ohsotired HB User
Thumbs up Re: in soo much pain!!!

Ihave been diagnosed with fibro and I also know what it's like to wake up every morn and feel like you have been hit by a truck while your trying to get some type of rest, I've been lucky though I have a primary that has got me on meth for the long term and lyrica for the break thru and let me tell you that lyrica has been a god send, I have some probs with muscle pain when it starts to wear off but I have that when I don't take it anyway so what is the diff. So if I were you I would talk to your Doc about the lyrica {it's non narcotic} so he shouldn't give you a hard time about it, also about the meth the only thing he can say is no. Good Luck

Old 09-17-2006, 09:37 AM   #8
(female)

paulette2 HB User
Cool Re: in soo much pain!!!

Hi does anyone suffer with lower back pain and pain in tops of legs, worse when trying to walk. My doc says it is nothingto do with fibro but i have all the other symptoms of fibro. This is sending me mad.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:44 PM   #9
(female)

painsux89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet1955
Amy:
I hear you! In fact, I'm feeling your pain right now! I take Lyrica - that has really helped - but I, too, am very stiff and often can barely walk especially in the a.m.
One of the best places I've gone for information is ****pedia because it is always being updated by people around the world. And some of those people are very prominent in the field only they write anonomously.
I relatively new to fibro - 6 months or so - although I have been suffering for years, and I happen to have a gifted rheum. He tells me what it is NOT, and that list may surprise you. I'm also on Lyrica and just getting off of Cymbalta.
So check out ****pedia and let me know.
I am thinking about you...
does lyrica or whatever your taking seem to help, im 17 and got diagnosed with fibro about 8 months ago and im on cymbalta for now, and it still isnt working for me, im still in alot of pain, do you recommend whatever your taking?????

Old 10-16-2006, 09:47 AM   #10
(female)

ajtesto3 HB User

hello, in answer to your question about lyrica, it did not work for me at all. and boy was it expensive. ive tried alot of things and found nothing to help me. i recently went to a new dr and he said that i also have RA and he gave me prendisone which worked wonders but you cant stay on that for a long periods of time. but ill tell i could actually walk normal, could actually go out and shop and not have to sit in one of those riding chairs and i could do things with my family. but as i slowly got weened off them the pain in my knees came back and i think worse. now today im in alot of pain, its hard for me to get and do things and get and take care of my kids, which is heart wrenching cause i have a 8 month old son who is a joy, i also have a 5 yr old son and a 9 yr old daughter who has been an angel!!! she helps me soooo much! but i want to enjoy my kids and watch them grow. so tomorrow i go to a new rhuemy and hopefully she puts me on something for the RA. i was told i might not even have fibro, THANK GOD!! but anyways, just relax, put some heat on your pain and enjoy life. i look to god for healing and i know hes a healer and he can do all things. he would never put on us more than we can bare. just keep that in mind. and every morning i wake up in pain and stiff i say THANK YOU GOD FOR ANOTHER DAY!! well god bless you all-amy

Closed Thread