It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
(female)

slimseeker HB User
Thumbs up Bed Buddies are BEST for fibro pain!!

Hi, I just wanted to let you all know how wonderful bed buddy is for fibro. You can buy them online or at bed, bath and beyond or Eckerd drug store.

For those who don't know what I am talking about. Bed buddy comes in various shapes. You put it in the microwave and and voila you have instant moist heat. I have the newer bed buddy that you can drape across your upper back. It gets both shoulders and upper back and neck area. I love mine. It's my BEST friend.

The bed buddy is heavier than a heating pad and gets more into your tissues with moist heat.

I highly recommend this product for fibro sufferes. Just had to pass that along to you all

slimseeker

Old 09-19-2006, 10:47 AM   #2
(female)

NvBreeze HB User
Re: Bed Buddies are BEST for fibro pain!!

Thank you for the bed buddy info, I will definitely get one. I have been wetting a dish towel and then microwaving, bed buddy sounds like a wonderful replacement!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

I use a moist-heat microwaveable pad, TheraBeads made by Kaz. It's available in many dept. store "home health care sections," for under $20. The Kaz product is denser than Bed Buddy. The density really facilitates heat penetration, pain relief, and heat retention by the pad. It retains heat so well that it stays warm for hours, when I use it under the covers at bedtime.

Bed Buddy contains flax & herbs; the Kaz product contains inert ceramic-type hydrophillic beads that absorb moisture from the air when microwaved.

I do like the configurations offered by Bed Buddy; however, l have concerns about potential for fungal contamination over the long term, when a botanical product is regularly moistened & warmed. Perhaps more of an issue for those of us with mold allery, however, mycotoxins themselves can be responsible for fibromyalgia-type symptoms.

Best wishes.

Last edited by elmhar; 09-20-2006 at 10:53 AM.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:09 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

wishn HB User

I agree.....I like the bed buddy too. I have one at home and one at work. It is heaven when you are having lower back pain.

Extra note: My feet get overly cold during the winter and I'm sure others probably have this along with fibromyalgia....when I pull the bed buddy out of the microwave and put it across my feet....life saver.

Annie ( :

Closed Thread