It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2006, 10:41 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hope4All HB UserHope4All HB User
Flu like feeling

What does this mean to everyone?

I get where I feel like Im getting a fever but I have no temp, I just feel like I'm burning up inside (like you do when you get the flu), and my body aches.

Is this what everyone means by "flu like"???

When mine hits its always later in the day, and by morning it will be gone and sometimes it will follow later again in the day.

Thanks,

Hope

Old 09-25-2006, 06:21 PM   #2
(female)

thenewfmgirl HB User
Re: Flu like feeling

You know, I feel like that sometimes. My doctor thought it was thyroid but my thyroid is fine. I wonder now if it goes with fibro. I'll get REALLY hot but my temp is normal. It's really weird.

When I think of "flu like" I also think of body aches, which I have very often with the fibro, to the point my skin hurts sometimes.

Anyone else have this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2006, 08:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

It is an odd feeling, it "FEELS" like I have a fever but I don't. And I have had 2 hot flashes in my life (only 38) and that feels different, I dont feel sick I just feel like I'm going to burn from the inside out!!!!

But with this "fever" feeling, I ache and I feel sick. ALWAYS late afternoon/evening.

Hope

Old 09-26-2006, 01:53 AM   #4
(female)

nanax4 HB User

I understand what your trying to say. My body temp. runs lower then normal, yet my back or insides will burn like a bad sunburn feeling. the skin even burns to touch. I even have feelings of ice cold where i get the chills for no reason. Thank goodness that it don't last forever. My doctor says it's part of fibro. My nuero said my nervous system was messed up. My blood pressure even flux's even thou i'm on meds for it. I have pain throughout my body, bad at times and times of relief. I went with a list several years ago and the doctors thought first i was crazy cause i had too many things going on, finally i got a dx. Sometimes i feel like i'm dying, but i'm still here and making good of each day. i hope this helps some...

Old 09-26-2006, 05:16 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I hope the Rheumy doesn't think IM crazy..lol I made up a past and present list of symptoms. Its pretty long. But I don't want his help with all of them right now...lol

The only two I'm concerned with our my hands, and my hips!

Hope

Old 09-26-2006, 12:15 PM   #6
(female)

nanax4 HB User

My leggs and hands are painful too. I have alot of low back and hip pain. Was wandering what your age is? I'm 48. Been having low back pain since my early 30's. was in great shape and health til a few years ago and for no reason i got sick. I'm greatful my doctor believes me. Even thou most test come out neg. he understands. I would still make your list and turn it in. I'm in a HMO and they are trained to treat all the same. if you get a good doctor then thats when you stick with them. mine treats me how he'd want to be treated....God Bless

Old 09-26-2006, 12:17 PM   #7
(female)

nanax4 HB User

My leggs and hands are painful too. I have alot of low back and hip pain. Was wandering what your age is? I'm 48. Been having low back pain since my early 30's. was in great shape and health(except for a couple things) til a few years ago and for no reason i got sick. I'm greatful my doctor believes me. Even thou most test come out neg. he understands. I would still make your list and turn it in. I'm in a HMO and they are trained to treat all the same. if you get a good doctor then thats when you stick with them. mine treats me how he'd want to be treated....God Bless

Old 09-26-2006, 01:36 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Nana,

Im 38, I pulled my back out twice. I now have lower back pain with burning. And my hips hurt....hopefully they will get xrayed.

My hands only hurt when the humidity is up, they feel swollen...can't close my fist. They are normally really red (palms of my hands)but when the humidity goes up the pain is burning and aching!

I hope this Rheumy is good, there isn't another one in my area
Hope

Closed Thread