It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2006, 04:04 AM   #1
(female)

sugarplum68 HB User
Scared of the unknown..

Hi to all i am new to the board, am in the middle of having tests done to eliminate fibromyalgia, but i have been told by a health professional that i have it..I had a fall two years ago and hurt my back and ever since the pain has gotten worse and has moved to different parts of my body.. I have been suffering different symptoms which do lead me to believing that i have fibromyalgia.. I am awaiting my test results which are due early next week, but in the meantime i am scared as the pain and symptons are worsening...Please somebody ease my fearfulness of this disease, and advise me on how i can go about getting my life back into some sort of order, and what treatments there are available.. I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for eight years, which i have just found out can be another symptom of fibromyalgia, off and on and have managed to control them but this is something new and i dont know how to deal with it???? Thanking you kindly to all that reply...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2006, 08:49 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Scared of the unknown..

hi sugarplum,
welcome, welcome. take a deep breath. you can do this. your life is always an unknown. each day we do not know what to expect, even if we are healthy.
having fibro is not so bad. at first it is scary, then it makes you angry, then your go thru mourning the loss of your old you, then last of all is acceptance and adapting. you will still have your life. you just have to alter how you do things and how often.
for myself it is a blessing. i learned to slow down and take each day as it comes. i learned to set healthy boundaries and keep them. that took a few years of therapy. giggle.
physical therapy, diet, exercise, massage, swimming, hot tubbing, good water to drink plenty of, attitude and choice. those are my tools for coping with the pain. never found a pill or magic cure. looked for a few years. actually i ran rabid seeking a cure. wasted alot of precious energy.
know that you are not alone. many of us are veterans to this little fibro brat. we all find our own way to live our lives as fully as we can. you will too. have faith in your ability to adapt and evolve.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
(female)

sugarplum68 HB User

Thank you for your reply bluelakelady, it gives me great comfort to know that i am not alone... Yes it is very scary for me as my health has been an issue ever since my anxiety attacks started...Now i may have this fibro thing and i am having trouble accepting that my health is worsening...I understand that i have to accept it if i do have it but its just something else that i have to deal with... Yesterday was a bad day, today is an ok day so im up and moving around... I suppose i have to accept my own advice as i have just given to somebody else and that is to take one day at a time...The pain is the worse thing about it all as i dont like taking pain killers but of late i have found myself needing them just to cope... I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2006, 08:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi S.P. sorry you are in this situation....my heart goes out to you....it is VERY hard to find doctors to take one serious when nothing shows up on a test....I am curious what kind of test this this doctor to do rule out fibro...or rule it in? What other type of symptoms do you have??

You are not alone in this Medical nightmare ...the good thing is look at all the doctors...labs...pharmacies...ect...that are living high on the hog at our expense ....LOL....sorry be at this along time...I can joke most of the time about it....

Praying you can find some answers!

Closed Thread