It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2006, 10:13 AM   #1
(female)

thenewfmgirl HB User
Fibro and hot flashes?

Can fibro cause surges of hot, especially at night? It's that time of the month also, so I'm wondering if it's just hormones also. Only been the last few nights or so, but since I was in a flare, I just wondered.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2006, 04:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
Re: Fibro and hot flashes?

I've wondered the same thing. I'm 18 and I get hotflashes every now and then. It's horrible! (and if your wondering if they are really hot flashes, they are) Anyway, it's not normal for an 18 year old as far as I know, so I've wondered if they are related to the FMS. . . . so if anyone has an answer, I'm curious to know also!

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #3
(female)

LittleLisaMarie HB User

I am not sure if its related, but I also have this problem. At times during the day (not every day) and often at night I wake up drenched in sweat.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #4
(female)

thenewfmgirl HB User

Thank you for your replies! I am wondering if it has to do with fibro coupled with hormones. The last few nights have been better, but I have noticed the last few years that I have been more "hot natured" and I wonder...

Old 11-23-2006, 09:33 PM   #5
(female)

justnotfair HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfmgirl
Thank you for your replies! I am wondering if it has to do with fibro coupled with hormones. The last few nights have been better, but I have noticed the last few years that I have been more "hot natured" and I wonder...
So many threads have mimc they way I have fealt over the last several months. I have started to deal with hotflashes roughtly 3 years ago. This came about mainly around my cycle. Then within the last 2 years, I experience them several times a week; without any significant correlation to my cycle. Now I do take the pill, but the started long before i started bcp.

I feel a most hot above my waist to face. My face feels like it's on fire. My BF says that my body acts like a blanket warmer @ night.

Right now I am burning up. My mom jokes and says it's payback for picking @ her.

Old 11-24-2006, 05:42 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

going through meno at the same time my rheumi was suspecting fibro i suffered for 2 years with hot flashes and more so night sweats. i finally had my gyn outrule meno as i have now been through it 2 years. in talking to my rheumi one day i mentioned it to him. he asked if i was still taking flexeril. when i told him two a day he told me to stop and see what happens that this can cause sweating. ow and behold ihaven't taken on one in months and sweats are gone.

Closed Thread