It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2006, 09:08 PM   #1
(male)

Ivoryz00 HB User
Unsure about Fibromyalgia & CFS, Please Help

Hello. I was recently recommended by a Gastroenterologist to see a Rheumatologist for complications I've been having over the past year. The main symptoms I've been suffering from include extreme fatigue, poor appetite, and nausea (no vomiting). This is pretty much every day for me, while some days are better than others. It's fairly unpredictable, almost like a flare up. I've been through study after study, and not one of my doctors could fully explain what my problem could be. My Gastro doctor (even 3 other second opinion doctors) doesn't think my problems is GI related. All that's left is maybe Autoimmune and Blood Disorders. In result, I've admittingly developed depression because of all the frustration, dissapointment and anxiety to finding a solution.

Earlier this year, I asked my primary doctor if Fibromyalgia was a possibility for my problems and he said "unlikely, unless I was experiencing specific Fibro symptoms." I guess he meant the specific joint pains throughout my body. However, he did touch all the pressure points but nothing happened. I never really had any joint pain except for my sternum. I used to do heavy weightlifting while I was in college about 3 years ago. It cracks every day, even when I don't mean to do it (hurts really bad). The strange thing is the Rheumatologist I saw told me that I could possibily have Fibromyalgia. I asked her if nausea and poor appetite is caused by Fibro, and she told me "yes." She also said I should be checked for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome because I had mononucleosis about 3 years ago.

Could my symptoms be related to Fibro or Chronic Fatigue? Is nausea a usual symptom of either one? Please, if anybody can give me some info or advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2006, 09:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: Unsure about Fibromyalgia & CFS, Please Help

Did your GI doctor also test for gluten intolerance (celiac disease)? This condition can mimic fibro. The most prevelant symptom symptoms that I experienced with fibro were IBS, bladder infections/interstitial cystitis, migraines, widespread muscle pain, costochondritis (rib pain), brain fog, sore tendons, and tender pressure points. Occasionally, I felt nauseous and dizzy. Does this sound anything like what you are experiencing?

Finding out what is wrong can be a very frustrating experience. Keep going until you find out what you need to know. I really feel empathy for what you are going through.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Closed Thread