It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2007, 10:03 AM   #1
(female)

sunny47 HB User
Skin sensitivity on face and scalp

I have FM with all its little quirks.......Over the past few days I have developed something new. Started on one spot on my right scalp - felt sensitive - touching my hair casued pin *****ing type discomfort. Can see nothing. Last evening and today it now involves (just on the right side) my forehead, around outer eyelid and now my upper cheek. No pin *****ing there just sensitive to touch and if I tightly shut my eye - just on one side.

Anybody ever had this? Is this part of FM or do I need to be concerned and look elsewhere.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: Skin sensitivity on face and scalp

Hi Sunny:

I have had those same sensations. I found nothing physical on my scalp or face. The sensation comes and goes, seems to be mostly on one side of my head/face, and causes my eye to twitch.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
(female)

sunny47 HB User

Thanks - makes me feel better to know I am not the only one experiencing this. It just when it is your face and around the eye it makes you more concerned then things that involve other areas of our bodies.

Thanks again....

Old 01-14-2007, 06:02 AM   #4
(female)

sunny47 HB User

How long does it last? Seems worse this morning with some burning and tight feeling. I now have a few small red bumps in a line from a few inches into my scalp to scalp line. Any ideas?

Old 01-14-2007, 10:48 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Hi Sunny:

This type of flare usually lasts about 6 weeks, then suddenly dissappears. I do not expiencing any red bumps, however. Have you talked to the dermie about this, just to be sure nothing is going on that is non-FMS related?

Blessings,
Kirstee

Old 01-14-2007, 11:32 AM   #6
(female)

sunny47 HB User

Have not talked to anyone, yet. Hard when it is the weekend. More little red bumps are appearing along with increased achyness - no real pain. Being an R.N., my fear is that it is the beginning shingles - just what I need. Will call the PCP in the morning if still there or worse (hopefully will be gone).

If is shingles (latent chickenpox), I guess I will not be working for awhile as is contagous until rash is gone - especially since I work with younger folks who have kids and or age that could become pregnant. Hard to stay away from people in a small office.

Hopefully I am WRONG !!!!!!!!

Old 01-15-2007, 12:28 PM   #7
(female)

sunny47 HB User

I just got back from the doctors and I do have shinges, so has nothing to do with my FM.

Closed Thread