It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

teacher2be HB User
leg pain with fibromyalgia

my pain is worse in my legs than anywhere else. it has bothered me for 7 years or so. sometimes it is just a dull ache sometimes tingly. sometimes it is a burning pain. when i am stressed or real tired my legs will ache and hurt worse. but today(i am real tired though) they hurt and so weak feeling. i was wondering if anyone else had the pains in their legs and bothered by their legs mostly. my legs and my hips are my main complaint with fibromyalgia. if your legs bother you do they ever hurt and feel weak especially when really tired?

Old 03-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User
Re: leg pain with fibromyalgia

Hi teacher2be:

Yes, my main complaint is my low back/hips/and legs, but my main one is my legs. During the day I'm usually ok as long as I keep moving, however if I am sitting for awhile they start to hurt--my pain is like a deep bone pain--a very very bad ache from hips to feet. My worst time is at night--my legs hurt soooo bad at night I've cried many times, however I am now on strong pain meds to help with that. I hate taking them, but I hate being in pain as well.
I also have had my legs give out on me a few times--it is very scary. All apart of fibro!

I hope you feel better soon!!
schao

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 12:21 PM   #3
(female)

Linmarie HB User

I've been wondering about leg pain, too. Sometimes it feels like I have tight socks on. It's just from the knees down that I feel like that. It will go away for months then come back sometimes. It came back this week & I'm trying to figure out why. Tiredness increases my pain, too.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

i have leg pain also and most of it is related to restless leg syndrome. i know this because at night it is so bad and i can't keep my legs still. it is common with fibromyalgia.
i talked to my doctor and she prescribed Requip. it takes the edge of and i am not moving around trying to find a comfortable position.
she also told me to increase my potassium.
i just read my reply and it sound like a commercial, lol.
hope this helps,
robin

Old 03-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

builder HB Userbuilder HB User

I supposedly have Fibro also. One Doc says yes another says no. My legs hurt almost everyday in the same mamer you have described. Sometimes almost like a dull tooth ache. My knees feel week and it feels like and when they get real bad, it feels like the pain is throbbing in the shin bones. Sometimes this doesn't go away even if I take Vidodin and Tramadol. It is terrible. I also have trouble sitting in one spot to long. I've tried everything from magnisium to malic acid to potassium. Nothing seems to help.

Old 03-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #6
(female)

tweiler HB User

My legs hurt daily as well. I know I have edema, going all the way up to my knees. My legs hurt a little every day but most days I can stand it. However, when I try to walk much, the pain increases. If I try to walk rapidly, the pain becomes so bad that I can't even go 1 block without stopping. I also have restless leg syndrome and I take Zanaflex at night so I can sleep. In spite of it, I still wake up several times at night. I have also noticed my legs get jittery when I am tired and they jerk, like a muscle twitch. And when I am tired or upset or in pain, I get the feeling that if I don't move my legs I will go nuts. Its the same feeling I get with restless legs but it can happen in the daytime for me, even when I'm wide awake.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #7
(female)

marie59 HB User

i also have the leg and hip pain you decribe.sometimes i cant tell what pain is from what ,lupus fibro,ddd.who knows.oh well we have to deal with too much pain in this life maybe next will be pain free we are getting all our pain out of the way now .im talking nonsense just got back from hospital for a shot in my spine still loopy from drugs yea good drugs hope i feel better when they wear off.hope you get some releif from your pain.hugs to you love marie

Old 03-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #8
(female)

Margiepj HB User

Hi, I Also Have Leg Pain W/fibro, But I Had Knees Replaced Due To Osteoarthritis, I Still Have Pain And It Will Be 2 Years In July That I Have My Surgery. Go Figure.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-15-2007 at 06:09 PM.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:12 PM   #9
(female)

Last'sGal HB User

Yes! I started having pain down the shins akin to shin splints about 10 years ago, then my knee pain came, then the hips started hurting... now I pretty much hurt from mid-back down all the time. About once a month, in addition to all that, I'll have pain across my shoulders and my skin will start hurting as though I have the flu and a high fever. I usually get a warning before that happens... 3 or 4 days before, I'll get a near-migraine strength headache and I know I'm in for a rotten week.

Thank heavens I have an incredibly keen sense of humor and am loaded with sarcasm, or I wouldn't make it through life. Okay, it's really because of my husband, who for the most part is extremely supportive, and my kids being extremely understanding about why they sometimes just can't hug mom.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

wonderingtoo HB User

Still waiting for a diagnosis for what ails me! The doctors think I'm a hypochondriac, of course. But I'm seeing a rheumatologist soon, so hopefully they'll figure out what's wrong.

That being said, my hip has been hurting more and more lately. I posted on the hip and knee board, and they say it sounds like hip arthritis. I'm wondering if it's fibromyalgia. I've also been feeling like my leg is swollen on the same side as my hip pain, especially down at the ankle. Like someone described it as a tight sock around my leg. My left leg actually is a little bigger than my right at the ankle. Wow, this isn't making a lot of sense. I've been having a hard time lately with my anxiety over my medical probs. Anyway, For a few days I had really bad leg pain from my hip, down the back of my leg, into the outer side of my calf/shin, into my ankle, and even into my foot. Maybe it's fibro after all. Maybe it's common for a lot of fibro sufferers. It sure makes me feel better to read others have the same problems.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:13 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

wonderingtoo HB User

<<sometimes it is just a dull ache sometimes tingly. sometimes it is a burning pain.>>

This is exactly how my leg has felt.

My hip hurts when I sit cross legged and when I walk for exercise.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:24 AM   #12
(female)

Eastcoast05 HB User

I'm right there with you on that!!! My legs have bothered me for years and initially I was put on a drug for epileptics to stop the RLS. It worked, but my whole body went lifeless and I did not like that feeling. I was then put on Topamax and took it for nearly 6 years until my insurance company bumped it up into a tier three drug. Now, I am taking Requip and am expecting great things from it. The jerking you mentioned happens when the muscles in your legs are beginning to relax. I can be watching TV and my legs jump of the sofa. Sorry you are having such a time!!

Closed Thread