It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

catmom50 HB User
Not sure what thread to post this on..itchy veins

I have had off and on itching of veins in my forearms, backs of hands,and now tonight between my fingers of left hand. I am 56 yrs old/female.

I worked for a dermatologist for 15 yrs, but don't remember anything like this.

I have asthma, allergies, fibromyalgia, GERD, irritable bowel, irritable bladder.

Meds I take include:

Singular,zyrtec, prilosec, fluoxetine, wellbutrin, premarin, Ultram, soma, Boniva, oxybutynin.

Thanks for your time.
(I also posted this in skin forum)
MM

Old 03-20-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

kalishreya HB User
Re: Not sure what thread to post this on..itchy veins

Not sure about the itchy veins, but after I saw that drug list, I had to do an interactions check - you have some major possible interactions going on:

Also, since I volunteer at a horse rescue, I have to (for my own peace of mind) tell you that Premarin is made from pregnant mare urine and to say that these mares and their foals are treated horribly is an understatement. I'm not going to elaborate on this board, since it'd be off topic, but I'm just throwing that out there in case you want to learn more about it.

I'll see if I can find anything on itchy veins... there's probably an unlimited list of symptoms of fibro, but like I tell anyone... if it's unusual for you, get it checked out. I hope you figure it out and it doesn't require another medication! I'm concerned with the interactions I saw. Good luck!

Lynn

Last edited by moderator2; 03-21-2007 at 08:24 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #3
(female)

Last'sGal HB User
Re: Not sure what thread to post this on..itchy veins

I have that every once in a while... the itching between the fingers part, at any rate... it's infuriating. It never occurred to me that it was veins... I'd get little bumps and intense itching.

I did notice it seemed to be related to my stress level... back then I was working a high-stress job and it would happen during really bad times. Have you noticed any correlation there?

I would think the Zyrtec you're on would take out any type of allergic reaction that could cause this.

Hope it passes soon!
Gina

Closed Thread