It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

sunny47 HB User
Noise intolerance and Impatience

I have never been a very patient or tolerant person - but lately I notice that sounds really get to me. I work in a small office (10 other) in partial cubicles. The normal chitter/chattering that goes on between the employees while they "work" has really started ot get on my nerves and I can feel myself tense up. Also I easily become impatient with others and frustrated with myself when I can not get things done ( like running out of time on work projects).

Another thing - everyone here talks about brain fog. Don't know if that is what this is or not. I start saying something and totally loose my train of thought or the correct words. Does not affect my work, or hasn't until this point, but I feel like a complete idiot when talking to my boss and computer people at work. This just started in the past few weeks.

Is this all part of "our" fibro or am I just getting old?...LOL

The following user gives a hug of support to sunny47:
mang kepweng (12-25-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
(female)

sunny47 HB User
Re: Noise intolerance and Impatience

Hey - I am 59 and counting. Did the SleepMD help? - I have seen it advertized and wondered about it. I could not take the AD's - gained 8 pounds in fluid in 4 days - practically shut down my kidneys so am staying far away from them. Do take an Ultram at bedtime and at least most of the time sleep off and on.

I have not (Yet) said the wrong thing but just say nothing - I can not come up with the word for what I am saying or trying to say or explaining. I have worked with some of these people for 20 years and I know they wonder what is going on - maybe they think I am getting senile.

Glad to know I am not the only one who is experiencing this.

Take care....

Last edited by sunny47; 03-21-2007 at 02:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2007, 07:00 PM   #3
(female)

FANNtasy3 HB User

Hi All,
I too find myself w/low tolerance level. Comes with not feeling well and frustration of not being able to keep up with everything.
I find the outside noise is very distracting and inhibits my ability to pay attention to the subject at hand. The noise intolerance also usually has the migraine, head, neck pain thing going on with more than half the time accompanied by light intolerance.

Saying stupid things, forgetting words, giving up on everything at work. When I got really sick, my only response to any one was, "I don't know." Makes it hard to work and have any kind of a life at home. For me, the fibro made me so bad, I went out on disability and am now retired. My home life still isn't what it used to be, not even close to when I was Wonder Woman. And Im only 40 and was a talented computer photo touch up artist and creative person.

I miss the old me.

Feel Well Folks, Felicia

Old 03-22-2007, 06:34 AM   #4
(female)

cantell HB User

It is for sure the fibro! it gets worse.

Almost a month ago I had a doctors appointment. it was supposed to be at 8:30 am..I get there early right? (just in case I loose my keys, get lost, forget my name ect...)

no one else is there...I am waiting, and waiting..the T.V. is set on a country music chanel and turned down low..which is fine for me. In comes the 9:00-10:00am folks for their appointments..I am still waitingthen finally I got called back just to fill out some paper work and sent back to the waiting room

..hummm someone had got my corner away from the crowd chair so's I have to go sit in the only chair left which is under the T.V. grrrrrrrr it seems much louder now and then out of nowhere this older lady sitting next to her husband bust's out and starts HUMMING OUT OF TUNE to Tim Magraw (sp)? then she gets louder and louder now SHE Is humming louder than the fricking tv!!!

NORMALLY I would have smiled and told her I loved that song to....instead I sit there clenched jawed, eyes bludging with the migrane she is causing to get worse by her horrible humming and off key whines thinking to myself and praying please lord let them call my name!! and please forgive me for what I am thinking...give me strength dear lord.. (if looks could kill that poor lady would have been on a first class skyrocket to the moon)!!!

It didnt seem to be bothering no one else and I was also getting really angry because NO ONE ELSE would tell her to pipe down!!

So they finally called my name at the last straw!! by this time I am sure my blood pressure was threw the roof! I could not even look at cute older couple as I walked past them with out the sincere feeling of sticking my toungue out at them and using rude hand jesters.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:01 AM   #5
(female)

FANNtasy3 HB User

LOL CT!!!! I know the feeling. Sometimes I do get rude and ask people to please quiet down because I have a migrain and noise to me is like an ice pick in the temple.
It breaks my heart when I have to tell my 10yr old daughter to not say a word because her little voice seems to be the most excruciating of all. I want to enjoy her senceless babble, not get overwhelmed by it. If I have to tell her to quiet down now, how will she ever feel secure and listened to when she gets older and really needs me to listen? Oh the pain of our actions stretch far beyond the here and now. I dont want my kids to be afraid that I am dieing or that I am a lazy, uncaring mom. And I cant help but feel thats the impression I give.
I have noticed that when this noise thing is going on, ear plugs do help!
Feel well, Felicia

Old 03-22-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
(female)

sunny47 HB User

Naplesnana2 - Glad the SleepMD is working for you. I may have to get some and try it. Have been sleeping a little better since taking 1 (50 mg.) Ultram before I go to be, but would be better is can just take something natural instead. I know Benadryl does nothing for me at all. I know some people that can take one and sleep for hours - not me, wish I could.

I know everyone talks about how the cold effects them. Since you are from Florida like I am - Do you find the heat and humidity in the drains/exhausts you? It was terrible last year for me.

Rest well...sunny47

Last edited by sunny47; 03-22-2007 at 07:03 PM.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:59 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Oh, my save us all from loud noises! I really can't take the noise especially in a closed environment. Like the radio in the car or the TV blaring and our 4yr old grandson running around and making noise. Or, please give me strength, the MRI machine. That noise in that machine (the open one) sends me bonkers. I don't have that many done, but I have found a place where they tell you this will last 3mins, or this will be 5mins. I then know I have to endure that noise for those few minutes (which seem like hours) and believe me I count every second of it.

To answer the question Oh yes noise bothers me. It is just when I can't turn off the radio or turn down the TV or get away from it that I really lose it.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #8
(female)

shelovescliche HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny47 View Post

Is this all part of "our" fibro or am I just getting old?...LOL
It's the FM. I'm seventeen, and I still get the brain fog.

Closed Thread