It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Nixi HB User
Does anyone get numbness?

Hi everyone,

My doc says I have fibro and chronic fatigue he has referred me to neuro for further investigations as I have various bouts of numbness sometimes on one side of body, sometimes on the other, sometimes on both, sometimes just an arm, or leg or all dowm one side. They can last anything from a few mintues to a couple of weeks! When I press my nails into my arm, I can't feel it- though sometimes I can!? Does anyone else get numbenss to this degree- I've read about numbness/tingling with fibro but wasn't sure to what extent you get it with fibro?

I also have woken up paralysed, and sometimes get these electirc shock type sensation down my spine, arms and legs which turn me into a blob, so I can't lift my arms etc.

Does anyone else experience any of these? Is it down to fibro or could it be something else?

I'd appreciate to hear what sensations everyone else gets.

Thanks for listening!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
Re: Does anyone get numbness?

I used to get random numbness but I haven't noticed it for quite some time now. I still however, do feel the tingliness that comes when your body is "waking up." You know? I am also shaky often.

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
(male)

ddgryphon HB User

Yes, I get it in my forearms and legs fairly frequently--though not disabling, it is odd, like my arm/hand just goes to sleep in the middle of doing something. Mine don't seem to last for a great long time either, just a few minutes each.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

My arms sometimes go numb.

Kirstee

Old 04-11-2007, 07:28 AM   #5
(female)

FANNtasy3 HB User

I too get numbness and pins and needles in parts of my body. The numbness isn't very selective. Lately I have large patches on my body that I don't feel anything, yet on other parts, it hurts to touch. I also get the shakes and muscle twitches and spasms and cramps. Have had these most of my life. The shakes can be so bad at times that I cant even hold a cup of coffee. Usually get them when Im really down with a flare.
This morning I woke up with vertigo. Im having dizzy spells and shakes and my fingers aren't even hitting the keys right on my keyboard. I always have to spell check!!!!!
I have always wondered if this was due to poor circulation?
Feel Well Folks, Felicia

Old 04-11-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
(female)

kdmari HB User

I get the numbness too. It's usually my arms or legs and sometimes I'll get numb sensations in my face. It's not as bad as it used to be... my symptoms have gradually changed over the years. Now I have much more of a problem with dizziness and fatigue than with the numbness, although it still happens now and then. Oh, and I get the electric shock sensations too. I'll go months without getting them, and then go through a period of a few days where it seems to happen a lot. It's pretty strange...

Old 04-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #7
(female)

rhijulbec HB User

OMG...thank you! I have had numbness in my right leg on the right hand side of my leg for over a year...I have been to a rheumy and he didn't seem in the least concerned. Meanwhile I cannot feel anything in this area and being diabetic it is never a good idea not to be able to feel anything due to decreased circulation~I truly thought I may have had a stroke or something!

"Il faut d'abord durer"
Ernest Hemingway

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway

Old 04-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #8
(female)

KissAmeGal HB User

yes......i do get the numbness and tingling, and the numbness lasts for a long time, the tingling is off and on. My hands are numb almost ALL the time, i drop things alot daily and mainly too in my left arm. Also have the numbness in my feet as well. grrrrrrrr it's very annoying

Old 01-08-2011, 02:28 AM   #9
(female)

beckrissy31 HB User

For the last week have been exeperiencing numbness and tingling in both my hands, feeling weak and stiff in the hands and occasionally the numbness goes into my foot. Very annoying feeling.
Have had numbness in my hands and feet on odd occassions that have lasted for a day or so but none as long as this. Just another part of Fibro I guess.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:09 AM   #10
(female)

lee03 HB Userlee03 HB Userlee03 HB User

wow! I found this post really interesting as i thought i was just going mad!
I get 'patches' of numbness in different parts of my body, last night it was two patches on my back, my hands and feet/legs always tingle when i go to bed and when i am awake if i'm over tired or stressed i get pains n needles in my hands/ fingers.
Like i said about that numbness being strange, i sometimes get it on my face usually around the area of my lips and nose?! Odd.
xx

Old 01-08-2011, 04:05 AM   #11
(female)

Clare1975 HB UserClare1975 HB UserClare1975 HB UserClare1975 HB User

Yes, totally agree with experiences posted! A long stay in bed aggrevates the sore numb feeling. Fridays after a week's worth of work is total wipe out. I also get a 'twang' in the tendons of thumb and fingers which feels like an electric shock. Hugs, Clare x

Old 02-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #12
(female)

sophia554 HB Usersophia554 HB Usersophia554 HB User

I totally get this. It's extremely freaky, as are most of our weird and sporadic fibro symptoms.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

real fast due to bad pain today,,yes i get everything you have mentioned, what helps me is my husband rubs different areas on my body that help a different area..like when my neck hurts i don't rub my neck i have him rub my shoulder joint or upper arm. my stomach its my middle back, my lower back i have him rub my thigh, even my forearm. sounds very weird i know and him and i joke about it cause it is funny but trust me nothing about all this is normal, give it a try..

Monalisa

Old 02-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

I get numbness in my hands sometimes. I'm also plagued with twitches. Which to me are kinda fun and amusing. Lololol...
Peace and love
Sandra

The following user gives a hug of support to tooolgrl:
monalisa24 (02-16-2011)
Old 02-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #15
(female)

julie10 HB Userjulie10 HB Userjulie10 HB User

If you've never been seen by a neuro, it is a good idea, just to rule out any potential issues not related to fibro.

I had cervical spinal cord compression and have DDD. Numbness and tingling is a way of life.

Take care.

Closed Thread