It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
(female)

mistyrose52 HB User
Need some advice about meds, please

I have been on so many meds for over 2 years now-I feel like a walking pharmacy!! Not only do I have fairly severe fibro, I also have had 3 fusions, in less than 3 year's time. 2 on the lower back, and one on the neck.

Anyway, I am in pain all the time, but I'm also getting really sick of having to pop pills all day long, and wonder if it would make a HUGE difference if I were to go off most of these meds and try something new and different, like herbs, chinese meds/accupuncture, etc??

I'm on methadone, doxepin, klonopin, vicodin, cymbalta, topamax, a vivelle patch (hormone replacement). These, with insurance coverage, are costing me over $200/month, but that isn't the biggest problem. I'm starting to have constant stomach problems, the pain never goes away anyway. Even when I up the dosages, like the doc recommends, the pain just pushes through.

I'm just getting really discouraged!! I take 5 pills at night, sometimes 6, and still usually wake up in the middle of the night to take another break-through med.

I know if I DO go off, it will have to be in a rehab facility, under a physician's care. I certainly wouldn't try to do this alone! THAT could be life-threatening. Just missing a methadone by an hour or so makes me physically ill. What do you all suggest? Anyone been here/done that before???

Thanks so much for taking time to read this! MR

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

inda HB User
Re: Need some advice about meds, please

{{{{ mistyrose }}}}}

I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of this.. I certainly know what it is like to take so many meds... I take 12 each morning and 13 at night with 2-3 every 4 hours during the day!

Sleeping is just a fancy wish for me.. I never get much sleep!

I took methadone for a few years back when I was still trying to work...

I think that if what you really want is to do this. go off the meds you need to schedule an appt and have a long honest talk with your dr and proceed with what you two can agree on.

My pills always upset my stomach so i eat a bite before and after taking them. Went to ER 2 weeks ago with unknown pain under my right ribcage on my gallbladder scar. They dont know what it is. the pain comes and goes, area is sore to touch, maybe an ulcer ... need to have a Dr check it out.. same as you should!

We are all concerned for you !!!!! Please let us know what is going on!

Old 04-19-2007, 12:44 PM   #3
(female)

natesmommie HB User
Talking Re: Need some advice about meds, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by indysasha View Post
{{{{ mistyrose }}}}}

I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of this.. I certainly know what it is like to take so many meds... I take 12 each morning and 13 at night with 2-3 every 4 hours during the day!

Sleeping is just a fancy wish for me.. I never get much sleep!

I took methadone for a few years back when I was still trying to work...

I think that if what you really want is to do this. go off the meds you need to schedule an appt and have a long honest talk with your dr and proceed with what you two can agree on.

My pills always upset my stomach so i eat a bite before and after taking them. Went to ER 2 weeks ago with unknown pain under my right ribcage on my gallbladder scar. They dont know what it is. the pain comes and goes, area is sore to touch, maybe an ulcer ... need to have a Dr check it out.. same as you should!

We are all concerned for you !!!!! Please let us know what is going on!

Old 04-19-2007, 12:46 PM   #4
(female)

natesmommie HB User
Re: Need some advice about meds, please

I take ultracet/apap for pain,victin wasn't working for me anymore,i also take lyrica,evail for slep, flexril,cymbalta.
you shouldn't go off meds before talking to your dr
Bernadette

Closed Thread